Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Healthy meals and recipes? Can you share with a newbie please? :)

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

We live in North Dakota. Its hard to get GMO free produce, or fresh produce for that matter. Especially in the winter... Anyways! 

Please share your healthy meal recipes!

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I don't know if ANY of these stores are near you 

North Dakota 
 • Tochi Products- Natural, Organic, Asian, European, Gourmet and Specialty Foods. (Fargo, ND)
 • Amazing Grains Natural Foods Market- whole-foods grocery store providing high-quality, natural foods. (Grand Forks, ND)
 • Mill Town Herbs- supplements and food products. (Jamestown, ND)

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Also do a search for "healthy food stores in North Dakota" and many links turn up.  You could also do a search for "Farms and farm stands" in your area too and see what comes up.  You may have to travel for food, if you have access to a vehicle.  I"m in California and we have TONS of great supermarkets, however my family and i still have to travel at least 30 minutes one way (sometimes 60 minutes one way) to buy the type of food that is TRULY GMO free, local, etc.  

There is also a sticky post in this group that has tons of great recipes. 

Click_Queen
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Ive been to amazing grains and there isnt much there at all :( Im going to try the farmers market.

Quoting Alyson121:

North Dakota 
 • Tochi Products- Natural, Organic, Asian, European, Gourmet and Specialty Foods. (Fargo, ND)
 • Amazing Grains Natural Foods Market- whole-foods grocery store providing high-quality, natural foods. (Grand Forks, ND)

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM

awww .  . . that sucks.  In addition to the farmers markets, you can see if there are local farms and farm stands in your area.  You could stock up as much produce as possible and can and freeze them to get you threw the winter months.  YouTube has TONS of video's on canning, freezing, etc (if you don't do any of that already). 

Quoting Click_Queen:

Ive been to amazing grains and there isnt much there at all :( Im going to try the farmers market.

Quoting Alyson121:

North Dakota 

Click_Queen
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I live in the middle of farmland USA! lol But unfortunately all the farms grow nasty GMO foods, soy beans, wheat, sugar beets... all GMO too :( I have tons of farmer friends. They all grow their own foods and trade with each other. But I have nothing to trade with them. I think I will try to make it to more farmers markets.

Quoting Alyson121:

awww .  . . that sucks.  In addition to the farmers markets, you can see if there are local farms and farm stands in your area.  You could stock up as much produce as possible and can and freeze them to get you threw the winter months.  YouTube has TONS of video's on canning, freezing, etc (if you don't do any of that already). 

Quoting Click_Queen:

Quoting Alyson121:

North Dakota 

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Don't worry about GMO free before you worry about unprocessed.

Eat whole foods first. If you can only find GMO whole foods, it's still a better choice than processed ANYTHING.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)