Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

No Calorie Counting

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Just say no to counting. 

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HannahLeon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:05 AM

diet cocke is better????

morning_glories
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I wish more people knew this. It just takes common sense and a good sense of well being to understand that soda and anything man made is really bad for you. I hate it when I hear mom's say they bought things because it has more calcium, or whatever. If they just made sure their kids ate more REAL food than they wouldn't have to worry about giving their gids suppliments, additives, or even vitamins.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Quoting HannahLeon:

diet cocke is better????

No, they're saying that 200 calories of fresh REAL fruit in a glass (looks like a strawberry smoothie) is better than ZERO calorie of a diet soda. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Love this...thanks for sharing!

GypsiSky
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I agree!!

JuliaW
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I'm just starting to realize this and am trying not to drink any kind of soda anymore.

CrazedMomof2
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
That doesn't have anything to do with counting calories. It's about making good food choices.

I count calories but I eat real, whole food. Just because people count calories doesn't mean they eat bad food.....
tomsMom2008
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I am in agreement. I feel like common sense has to step in somewhere. I know that crap food is no good for me, even if it fits in my calorie count!!!

Now, If I am at a bday party, will I add that slice of cake into my daily count? Sure, but its not like im eating cake every day.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

That doesn't have anything to do with counting calories. It's about making good food choices.

I count calories but I eat real, whole food. Just because people count calories doesn't mean they eat bad food.....

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I agree with you.

I don't count calories, but when I make good food choices I feel better and have more energy, which means I'm more active too.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Alyson121
by Alyson on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

You all would be amazed at people i come across who say things like "I can't eat avocados or bananas because i'll go over my calorie count" and then turn around and dine on the "healthy" menu of a fast food chain.  Some people have taken calorie counting to the extreme and don't look at the nutritional density of food. 

Quoting tomsMom2008:

I am in agreement. I feel like common sense has to step in somewhere. I know that crap food is no good for me, even if it fits in my calorie count!!!

Now, If I am at a bday party, will I add that slice of cake into my daily count? Sure, but its not like im eating cake every day.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)