Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

healthy weightloss help

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ive heard the best way to loose weight is to eat right and exercise so what im wondering is if you ladies can tell me food recipes and exercises are good..also ive heard of MFP but every time I try to use it I cant ever find the food im eating to count it so any other tip would be helpful TIA!!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Here's a recipe for a healthy dessert:

Ingredients:

1 apple

Preparation:

Wash. Slice and core if desired. Eat. 

:D 

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Every exercise is good.

Stand up when you could sit down. Sit up when you could lie back. Walk when you could ride. Jog when you could walk. Sprint when you could jog.

Swim. Bike. Row. Skate. Ski. Snowshoe. 

Play tennis. Play ball. Play soccer. Play pingpong.

Be active. Think of active things to do with family and friends instead of passive/seated/sedentary ones. Walk to the movies, or go for a walk after instead of coffee. Take a picnic to a park instead of lunch out at a restaurant. Go for a hike on a local trail instead of going for coffee (take your coffee with you!)

Invite your friends to swim, or skate, or ski, or snowshoe, or bike... don't assume that because 'y'all don't do that together' that they aren't wanting to be more active, too... and wouldn't like the encouragement from you.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Drink lot's of water.

If you like classes take one or more each day.

In Cooked by Michael Pollan, he cited several studies that said you can eat anything and everything you want and are not likely to be overweight IF you make it yourself from scratch.

I general prefer eating "super foods" naturally like that apple above. Like untreated almonds for snacks. Snacks should not be bigger than your fist.

You should try to eat a couple of snacks a day but I find it hard to do and often find myself just eating 2 meals, not good.

Ideally, your biggest meal should be the first one of the day but I've always had a hard time eating in the morning. What I have tried is some lemon water which helps regulate your appetite whether it is too much or too little.

Now I eat fresh blueberries and Greek yogurt each morning. Sometimes I add my homemade granola but usually not. I also make the yogurt. I have a piece of raisin toast (I'm hoping to start making my own bread this month) too because the scent of it helps me eat and makes me smile.

I try not to eat after 5 p.m. and drink water all day. At night I have a cabbage and carrot salad with vinaigrette and maybe some pasta. The pasta I use is mixed regular, quinoa and hidden veggie. I'm trying to help my overweight adult daughter eat better.

Lunch varies sometimes I make pizza or veggie manwhich (I'm a vegetarian.) or sometimes I have some popcorn, and a Big Frank.

I like water rich foods like watermelon, and foods like popcorn, which I pop myself with olive oil, because they make you feel full.

GypsiSky
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I lost over 80 lbs in 7 months after I became a raw vegan. It's a radical change if you aren't already vegan (I was so it was easy).

The advice you've already received is great and certainly easier to adapt to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)