Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm SO freaking HUNGRY!!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 28 Replies

No, I'm not hungry. But I AM! I've cut out processed sugars and have gotten my carb/protein/fat ratios in order and I would punch someone in the face if they waved a cracker at me right now. Holy crap, how do I get past these intense sugar cravings? I've had plenty to eat today and about 50 oz of water so far so I'm not thirsty. Help me before I commit a homicide!

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vvinkyloafer
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM

What all have you eaten today, if you dont mind me asking?

bananasaurusrex
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

A bowl of oatmeal with dark chocolate for breakfast and 6 egg whites with about a cup of veggies and a piece of string cheese. I haven't had lunch yet.

vvinkyloafer
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Girl, add some fruit to that diet!

What were one of your sugar vices? I used to drink a lot of soda and have found some comfort in drinking Virgil's Zero sodas. Stevia is much sweeter than table sugar so you won't want as much.

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

A bowl of oatmeal with dark chocolate for breakfast and 6 egg whites with about a cup of veggies and a piece of string cheese. I haven't had lunch yet.

bananasaurusrex
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

What were one of your sugar vices? I used to drink a lot of soda and have found some comfort in drinking Virgil's Zero sodas. Stevia is much sweeter than table sugar so you won't want as much.

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

I will. I've only had 1 meal today. Good grief. What's my vice? Um, everything? lol Carbs, bread, potatoes, crackers, candy and chocolate, more carbs. lol

vvinkyloafer
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Try switching to complex versions of those carbs. I've been buying an awesome sprouted wheat berry bread lately and love putting Nutella or agave on top!

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

I will. I've only had 1 meal today. Good grief. What's my vice? Um, everything? lol Carbs, bread, potatoes, crackers, candy and chocolate, more carbs. lol

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Eat something that has complex carbs, protein and fat. Like more lunch...

It's very likely that it's not simply sugar cravings, but that you're actually simply not eating enough food.

bananasaurusrex
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Try switching to complex versions of those carbs. I've been buying an awesome sprouted wheat berry bread lately and love putting Nutella or agave on top!

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

I'm not eating low carb. I'm eating balanced. It's not about not eating any of them. Obviously, I had oatmeal for breakfast. I just used to eat almost all carbs, not enough protein at all and too much sugary processed crap. Now I'm craving the crap as well as missing eating nothing but carbs all day. 

bananasaurusrex
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Quoting LindaClement:

It's very likely that it's not simply sugar cravings, but that you're actually simply not eating enough food.

I haven't even had lunch yet. This was all breakfast and snack. Oatmeal is a complex carb. 

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

It is, but it's also low in calories, fat and protein.

Try an egg and a banana to go with your oatmeal :D

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting LindaClement:

I haven't even had lunch yet. This was all breakfast and snack. Oatmeal is a complex carb. 

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Nutella is such a junk food.

You can make it, without all the sugar and any of the shortening... I found a recipe somewhere, I wonder if I can find it again... I like her rant about how unhealthy the real stuff is :D

http://omnomally.com/2013/07/04/healthy-homemade-nutella/

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Quoting bananasaurusrex:

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)