Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What do you make with: cauliflower?

Posted by   + Show Post

I usually do popcorn cauliflower...YUM!

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-19):
Basherte
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I have a new recipe. It calls for cauliflower and broccoli.

Take the broccoli and cauliflower (equal amounts of each) cut lengthwise in half. Put on cookie sheet/other flat baking sheet.

Take some thyme sprigs and place on the sheet all over. Bake until crispy. (I can share the recipe if you all want)

Take some lemon zest and some coarse ground salt. Mix together.

When veggies are done. Place in large bowl. Take the thyme sprigs that were baked with the veggies and crumble over them in the bowl. Then sprinkle the entire amount of lemon salt (the lemon zest and salt you mix together)

toss and enjoy. The thyme and the lemon salt bring out a lot of flavor of the broccoli and cauliflower, along with the baking/roasting.

I want to try cauliflower made the same way you make mashed potatoes. I think that might be pretty darn good.

(side note: I also cook turnips with potatoes and mash them together with the salt, pepper, milk, and butter... makes them sooo good. )

CafeMom Tickers
finnbar
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Blanch bite size florets til just soft. Mix with your favorite potato salad dressing. Thos is a most excellent low carb/low glycemic potato salad alternative that really tastes good
GypsiSky
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I make that in my dehydrator!! I also make raw cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and raw cauliflower rice.

childofgod04
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Nothing.. I hate cauliflower!
momofnate0707
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Cauliflower fried rice, pizza crust, cauliflower mash.

mnmo3bb
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

My dad said you can make mashed "potatoes" with it but I've never tried... I like the deep fried ones he had though lol I don't make anything though, I just eat it raw

Karmea
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is allergic to potatoes, and I've found that sauteed cauliflower tossed into the food processor with some butter, yogurt, and scallions makes an awesome mashed potato substitute. We also love gobi aloo (indian cauliflower, peas & potato dish). Or slice, toss onto a sheet pan in a hot oven with whatever spices sound good and let it brown just a bit.

lizzig
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM

popcorn cauliflower? never heard of that.

i make cauliflower au gratin, mix it i with mac & cheese, eat raw (though i'm the only one that likes it like that.) roasted/grilled

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

http://www.betheats2run.blogspot.com/2012/01/michelles-popcorn-cauliflower.html

Here is the recipe for the most delicious popcorn cauliflower I mentioned above!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN