Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How many hrs a week are your kids outside?

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 14 Replies

On average about how much time do your kids spent outside??  How much did you spend outside as a kid?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My mom would make us spend at least an hour outside each day. I would say that my children do not spend as much time outside as I would like daily but summers in FL are a killer. 

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM

we dont spend as much time out as i did as a kid but we live on a side street and there is construction going on literally all around us. usually it's about an hour a day or so

PoehlerBear1983
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Hmmm...alot...they both do sports after school which keeps them outside for about 3 hours a night during the week and as long as its nice out they spend much of tgey weekend outside as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I would say on average about an hour and a half a day. Some days we're not outside at all but on the weekends, they are outside a lot.

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I spent way more time outside... mine will be spending more time outside soon, we are getting a puppy today :)

lizzig
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

right now?  not that much.  this time of year it is so hot & muggy, it's hard to spend any amount of time outside.  come next month they'll be outside pretty much all weekend till the heat returns in june.  during the week they go out when they can (outside of recess at school that is) but they have after school activities & homework which limit outdoor time.

growing up i pretty much lived outside when the weather permitted, in ohio that wasn't often in the winter.

mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Not much...too busy these days...

We leave for school at 7:30 and they get home from school around 3ish...homework, and then Karate for several hours M-T-Th-Sat...Wednesdays, we are at Church from 6:30-9:30...they play outside once or twice a week, usually on Wednesday before dinner and on Saturdays...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM

My daughter, tons , because of outdoor sports....My boys, it depends. Not as much as they should , but some days more than others. When we were little there just wasn't anything else to do but be outside. Besides, I basically disliked everyone else in my house, so outside was a better option! HA!

norahsmommy
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM
From 3:30-dinner at around 6 ,if they don't have homework. If they have homework that has to be done first. On weekends they can be out as much as they want.
PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM
A fair amount! It depends on the day and how much homework there is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)