Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Prenatals

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I really want to make sure I take a good prenatal vitamin. Right now I am taking rainbow light prenatal, but I want to switch because it has red raspberry leaf extract in it and I have read you shouldn't take the raspberry leaf during your first trimester.

I am looking at the new chapter perfect prenatal vitamins.

Any recommendations or adivce?

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I take the store brand ones from Kroger.  My OB had told me that for the most part, they're all usually pretty much the same!  I don't think they have RRL in them though, but I could be wrong. 

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Thanks, I know the nature made has food dye in them, and I am trying to avoid that. We don't have a kroger here, I'll look online. 

Quoting PrincessZ20:

I take the store brand ones from Kroger.  My OB had told me that for the most part, they're all usually pretty much the same!  I don't think they have RRL in them though, but I could be wrong. 

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

The Kroger ones are pink coated, so they most likely have food coloring as well.  Will your doctor write you a prescirption?  I wonder if those have dye in them?

I took gummy vitamins while I was pregnant; I'm pretty sure those are dye free!

http://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-Prenatal-Gummy-Vitamins-90-Count/dp/B003IP8BC8 

Quoting smurfy88:

Thanks, I know the nature made has food dye in them, and I am trying to avoid that. We don't have a kroger here, I'll look online. 

Quoting PrincessZ20:

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Those actually don't have any dye in them, its odd they also dont have any iron. I am sure my doctor would write me a prescription, but they taste so bad lol! I am just doing research and there are so many options its confusing!

Quoting PrincessZ20:

The Kroger ones are pink coated, so they most likely have food coloring as well.  Will your doctor write you a prescirption?  I wonder if those have dye in them?

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved the gummy ones but for the life of me I cannot recall who made them. I liked rainbow light but they got harsh on my stomach at some point and the gummy ones I found were gluten free (or at least they noted it on the pkg).

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Ha, I agree!  I did the gummies because I couldn't stand swallowing the huge pills during pregnancy.  Luckily I consume enough iron that not having it in my vitamins wasn't an issue.

Quoting smurfy88:

Those actually don't have any dye in them, its odd they also dont have any iron. I am sure my doctor would write me a prescription, but they taste so bad lol! I am just doing research and there are so many options its confusing!

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I just looked more closely at the new chapter prenatals and they contain soy. I dont know if thats a bad thing or not. I've had 2 miscarriages this year so now I am ridiculously picky >.<

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Ha, I agree!  I did the gummies because I couldn't stand swallowing the huge pills during pregnancy.  Luckily I consume enough iron that not having it in my vitamins wasn't an issue.

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Yikes, I don't blame you for being picky! 

Quoting smurfy88:

I just looked more closely at the new chapter prenatals and they contain soy. I dont know if thats a bad thing or not. I've had 2 miscarriages this year so now I am ridiculously picky >.<

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

It says fermented soy, have you heard of that?

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

PrincessZ20
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I'm not super familiar with it, but I believe that fermented soy is preferred over regular soy!

Quoting smurfy88:

It says fermented soy, have you heard of that?

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN