Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

So I really want to make sure I take a good prenatal vitamin. Right now I am taking rainbow light prenatal, but I want to switch because it has red raspberry leaf extract in it and I have read you shouldn't take the raspberry leaf during your first trimester.

I am looking at the new chapter perfect prenatal vitamins.

Any recommendations or adivce?

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Replies (11-18):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Well thats good!

Quoting PrincessZ20:

I'm not super familiar with it, but I believe that fermented soy is preferred over regular soy!

Quoting smurfy88:

It says fermented soy, have you heard of that?

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Yikes, I don't blame you for being picky! 

Quoting smurfy88:

I just looked more closely at the new chapter prenatals and they contain soy. I dont know if thats a bad thing or not. I've had 2 miscarriages this year so now I am ridiculously picky >.<

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Ha, I agree!  I did the gummies because I couldn't stand swallowing the huge pills during pregnancy.  Luckily I consume enough iron that not having it in my vitamins wasn't an issue.

Quoting smurfy88:

Those actually don't have any dye in them, its odd they also dont have any iron. I am sure my doctor would write me a prescription, but they taste so bad lol! I am just doing research and there are so many options its confusing!

Quoting PrincessZ20:

The Kroger ones are pink coated, so they most likely have food coloring as well.  Will your doctor write you a prescirption?  I wonder if those have dye in them?

I took gummy vitamins while I was pregnant; I'm pretty sure those are dye free!

http://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-Prenatal-Gummy-Vitamins-90-Count/dp/B003IP8BC8 

Quoting smurfy88:

Thanks, I know the nature made has food dye in them, and I am trying to avoid that. We don't have a kroger here, I'll look online. 

Quoting PrincessZ20:

I take the store brand ones from Kroger.  My OB had told me that for the most part, they're all usually pretty much the same!  I don't think they have RRL in them though, but I could be wrong. 

childofgod04
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I took the gummies because I was so sick and the ones my doctor prescribed made me more sick.
PoehlerBear1983
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I took flinstones prenatals made me sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rota
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM

When I was working in the Er, I had a patient who worked for the sanitation dept. He told me that he saw thousands of pills a day in the sludge. Most one a day type supplements ( including prenatals) are not utilized by the body and pass through without giving you any benefits. All vitamins are not created equal ( as most doctors think) .If you want really good vitamins and minerals, you will have to take several pills a day to get the most benefit. You must take omega 3's so that your baby gets a great start on brain development. Shaklee makes a great multivitamin where the folic acid is on the outside so it is quickly and completely absorbed in the stomach where it should be. Since the multivitamins are natural, they do not upset your stomach and are all totally utilized by you and your baby.

Harris06
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I usually get a prescription for Prenatal Elite. No real reason other than it is just what I have always taken. haha

Proud Navy wife, a mother to 3 toddler girlpregnant belly with #4; boy or girl?? We shall see.

Do you have a child who was born in September 2011? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

December 2013 Babies group mod

Hannahsmommy816
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM

i've taken up and up target brand prenatal vitamins, and the gummy ones (both prenatal)

lizzig
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

wish i could remember what i took but that was 6 years ago & i have a hard time remembering what i did last week! ;o)

hope you get some good recommendations!

morgan483
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I take the CVS Pharmacy brand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN