Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Workout Routines and Meal Plans

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

Can anyone help me build a workout routine and meal plans (when to eat, what to eat)? I Googled a few plans but nothing seemed right. One said no cardio for the first month but I want to run. I also want to build muscle/tone and flatten my tummy. I want to feel good about myself. Feel free to write out your routines or just point me in the right direction to building my routine!

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Bump!

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM

What kind of workouts?  Gym?  Home workouts?

Also keep in mind that you cannot target train. 

With weight loss (and a flatter tummy), it's about what you eat.  Eating as clean as you can is the key.

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Home workouts. I don't wanna lose weight, necessarily. In fact, I wanna gain but since that's not happening I just wanna exercise and start feeling good about myself. What exactly is eating clean?

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

What kind of workouts?  Gym?  Home workouts?

Also keep in mind that you cannot target train. 

With weight loss (and a flatter tummy), it's about what you eat.  Eating as clean as you can is the key.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

In simple terms, clean eating is about eating foods as close to their natural state.  This means avoiding processed foods, foods with loads of preservatives, foods with lots of added sugar, and foods with high levels of bad fats (some saturated fats/all trans fats).  Also, you want to avoid foods that have been stripped of their nutritional value.

• Unrefined, whole-grains.
  • A diet with an abundance of fresh, local, organic fruits and vegetables.
  • Free-range and grass-fed meats and dairy.
  • More vegetable-centered meals than meat-centered each week.
  • Plenty of water or other no-calorie drinks (NOT diet soda)
  • Making healthy cooking choices, such as baking, steaming, and light sauteing whenever possible.
  • Consume healthy fats from natural sources such as nuts, avocados, organic coconut oil, etc.

It's not a diet but a lifestyle.  It's also not as difficult as it may sound. 

Making small changes in your diet can make a big difference.  You can even make those changes gradually (like replacing soda and juices with water).

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Sounds expensive! Lol! We eat whole grain, fruit and veggies (not organic), drink water, cranberry and orange juice. We bake and steam almost everything. But going organic and eating free-range and grass-fed meats and dairy will be highly expensive. :/

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

In simple terms, clean eating is about eating foods as close to their natural state.  This means avoiding processed foods, foods with loads of preservatives, foods with lots of added sugar, and foods with high levels of bad fats (some saturated fats/all trans fats).  Also, you want to avoid foods that have been stripped of their nutritional value.

• Making healthy cooking choices, such as baking, steaming, and light sauteing whenever possible.
  • Consume healthy fats from natural sources such as nuts, avocados, organic coconut oil, etc.

Making small changes in your diet can make a big difference.  You can even make those changes gradually (like replacing soda and juices with water).

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:59 PM

It's not as expensive as you think.

You are already pretty much there.  In reality, I don't buy organic and free-range, grass-fed chicken and meats or dairy.  It IS expensive.  That doesn't mean that you can't eat cleanly though. 

The whole point of clean eating is to eliminate as much processed foods as you can and stick to a more wholesome diet. 

Are you currently working out?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Sounds expensive! Lol! We eat whole grain, fruit and veggies (not organic), drink water, cranberry and orange juice. We bake and steam almost everything. But going organic and eating free-range and grass-fed meats and dairy will be highly expensive. :/

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Ohhh okay. Not currently working out. Just bought a jogging stroller and I'm going to buy some dumbells this weekend! :)

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

You are already pretty much there.  In reality, I don't buy organic and free-range, grass-fed chicken and meats or dairy.  It IS expensive.  That doesn't mean that you can't eat cleanly though. 

The whole point of clean eating is to eliminate as much processed foods as you can and stick to a more wholesome diet. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM

What kind of workouts do you like to do?  What is your goal?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Ohhh okay. Not currently working out. Just bought a jogging stroller and I'm going to buy some dumbells this weekend! :)

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I definitely want to get back into running. Calisthenics are okay too. I don't have a goal really. I just wanna feel good. Then maybe I'll start thinking I look good. I wouldn't mind building muscle. I just don't like the idea of protein shakes since they make you gassy and have you in the bathroom a lot lol! I just wanna be healthy and happy with my looks.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

What kind of workouts do you like to do?  What is your goal?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM

I'm a long distance runner...I run 100+ miles each month.  I eat lots of protein...100 grams or more per day.  I focus on protein, veggies, and fruits and limited amounts of everything else.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)