Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

My husband uses Equal but I've read that it's not good for you. What is a healthier option?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Replies (11-17):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

raw honey, coconut crystals, date sugar, maple syrup, molasses, fruit

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Less sugar.

The key to using less sugar is getting used to the flavours of naturally sweet foods, instead of the more-common sweetened foods.

I like the way French, Thai and Indian cooking balances flavours to enhance natural sweetness without needing nearly as much sugar...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:49 AM

I use Splenda:)

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Apart from being able to taste it (which is not pleasant, at all!) Splenda gives me bowel cramps. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I use Splenda:)

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I'm over using any artificial sweetners, over the past 6 months or so I've been paying REALLY close attention and it makes me feel crazy tired, sluggish, etc.  I'd rather have the full sugar option!

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I stay away from artificial sweeteners.  Truthfully, I don't see the point in them.  I use either stevia, agave, honey or real sugar.  I generally lean towards agave and real sugar though when I need something.  My take, if I'm going to use sugar then I'm going to use something real and not something aritificial.

Blooming_Lotus
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM
We use limited amounts of raw sugar and raw honey along with dates and other foods that are naturally sweet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)