Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Healthy snacks for fundraisers ( ideas please)

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi ladies I'm turning to you all for ideas because I'm stuck. The pto at my daughters school puts on these fundraiers like popcorn Wednesdays and Popsicle Fridays where they sell popcorn or Popsicles for a $1. These two things are very successful however, these two things aren't healthy and I would like to change it up a bit. I would love to sell healthy treats but not sure what to do as I would like to sell it for $1. Any ideas?
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:04 AM

You could do sliced apples in a small bag, carrots/celery in a bag, grapes, any kind of fruit.

Amanda52007
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I've tried this, and it didn't work. Kids won't pay money at school for healthier stuff. They want the junk. Especially since they are away from their parents. 

LindaClement
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM

You can get better frozen desserts --all fruit popsicles from the folks at Dole, for example...

Popcorn need not be unhealthy...

scapermom
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM

You could try baked chips, pretzels, sun chips &/or bottled water. Those will appeal to kids, and are a little healthier than regular. Buy bulk in big box stores & sell for $ 1 each. We have done this at our school with great success. Also as was said, popcorn and fruit ice pops aren't necessarily unhealthy.

theresaphilly
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

A parent sent in homemade zucchini muffins and mini zucchini bread loafs for our recent fundraisers. They were really good and we made $100 on her muffins and loafs alone. Each sold for $1 a muffin or loaf and worth every penny. Some were regular, with chocolate chips, with nuts and everything (chips and nuts). 

adorkablemommie
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM

You could do veggies and peanut butter, Jiffy brand sales individually wrapped single servings for pretty cheap. Bag that with 3 or 4 celery sticks. 

You could revisit the popcorn idea but without butter, most kids wouldn't even notice. Popcorn is actually a very healthy snack it's the salt and butter that makes it bad.

Do you have to do food? how about selling little paperback books? 

suetoo
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Start with basic popcorn in a bag, shake some Parmesan cheese on it, toss in some almonds and kid size/portion it smaller. Get little snack sized ziplock bags and make a trail mix, like nuts, dried cherries or craisins or raisins. Take a recipe for oatmeal or peanut butter bars, use a melon baller for 1inch portions, bake the 'bites' and put 4 in a portion. If you roll them in sugar n cinnamon they trick kids in to thinking yum before nutritious. Have fun and remember, kids are visual consumers. If it looks healthy, Amanda is right. Kids won't want it. It's all about balancing the junk food with the nutritious. Kids won't like carrot cake if you point out the carrots. But stick a piece of candy corn on the top...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN