Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Healthy natural way to increase milk production

I'm not new to breastfeding. I have 2 boy I breastfed them both I also breastfed my cousin's baby for 3 weeks. I thought I was a pro. Turns out I wasn't ready for his. I had a preemie 2 weeks ago and she doesn't want to eat much of anything. She latches on but doesn't get enpugh. I'm not producing everything I should be because of health, stress, and blood pressure medicationa. 

What are some was to increase breast milk? I pump, stimulate, and nurse my baby girl abut every 3 hours. 

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Replies (11-14):
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Fenugreek worked well for me more milk plus whole foods has it
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM
have you has baby evaluated for tongue tie?
clairewait
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

You are obviously going to get a wide range of answers here, so I'll try not to just say the same things you could easily read on Kellymom.com or here.

I always have a distinctly noticeable increase in milk when I drink a beer. Guiness has been the best for the calories, but almost any dark beer seems to work.

I know it is unorthodox, but that's what works for me.

Everything that others have said, this, and staying really well hydrated.

My babes spit up a TON when I took fenugreek so it wasn't worth it. I've always been a beer drinking breastfeeding mom, and I have notoriously LOOOONNNNGGG sleepers! (And early sleepers through the night. I always say my secret is beer.)

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

adorkablemommie
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I did drink beer with my first baby. I think i'll try it again with this one. The problem is I hate the taste but Guinness is a bit more palatable, thanks! 

Quoting clairewait:

You are obviously going to get a wide range of answers here, so I'll try not to just say the same things you could easily read on Kellymom.com or here.

I always have a distinctly noticeable increase in milk when I drink a beer. Guiness has been the best for the calories, but almost any dark beer seems to work.

I know it is unorthodox, but that's what works for me.

Everything that others have said, this, and staying really well hydrated.

My babes spit up a TON when I took fenugreek so it wasn't worth it. I've always been a beer drinking breastfeeding mom, and I have notoriously LOOOONNNNGGG sleepers! (And early sleepers through the night. I always say my secret is beer.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN