Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Does anyone here do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred or Extreme Shed and Shred? Question!

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 2 Replies

When doing these workouts, I sometimes get a little twinge in my knee. It's not terrible, but it's noticeable and it happens when I put a lot of my weight on one knee--for example the lunge-and-chop in Level 1 of Extreme Shed and Shred.

Should I be concerned about this, or am I worrying over nothing? I just don't want to give myself a real injury, but I also don't want to step down my workout unless I really need to. I'm FINALLY within three pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight and able to do all the exercises with no modification (I did both sets of Burpees with Lateral Jumps--the real, unmodified ones--for the first time this morning!) and I'd really like to keep the momentum going.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jhslove
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM

BUMP!

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You should always be concerned about sudden pain while working out.

Don't step down your workout, just don't do the motions that create the pain. It's very likely that you're overusing a body part that isn't strong enough yet... 

To replace the lunges, try step-back lunges and see if that doesn't hurt as much as a forward-step lunge. It changes the pressure it puts on your knees...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)