Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Vitamix Alternatives (recommend your blender)

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

I really want a Vitamix.

But I just can't justify spending a car payment and a half on a blender!

Recommend your non-vitamix blenders. Looking for something good and affordable.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Motherhento10
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM

sorry, I have a vitamix... some things are just worth it! 

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I have a Bosch kitchen centre. It's powerful enough to mill 50 pounds of flour in an hour.

The blender part can handle ice cubes. 

I have no interest in having a vitamix, but I could be tempted to getting a kitchen centre with an induction heater :D

AspensMama1537
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
The blendtec is way better than the vitamix! Vitamix even got sued because they ripped off blendtec's design. It is worth every penny!
Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Sorry . . i do have a Vitamix.  After blowing through about 3 different blenders i figured i've paid for a Vitamix with the cost of replacing blender, after blender, after blender.  

America's Test Kitchen did a blender review and recommended a good blender that was cheaper than Vitamix.  It was about $200+ but of course i can't remember the name.  Just do a YouTube search for America's Test Kitchen BLENDER REVIEW and i think it will come up, the video. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM
It's the Breville Hemisphere.

Also you can get a refurbished vitamix for cheaper than brand new.

Quoting Alyson121:

Sorry . . i do have a Vitamix.  After blowing through about 3 different blenders i figured i've paid for a Vitamix with the cost of replacing blender, after blender, after blender.  

America's Test Kitchen did a blender review and recommended a good blender that was cheaper than Vitamix.  It was about $200+ but of course i can't remember the name.  Just do a YouTube search for America's Test Kitchen BLENDER REVIEW and i think it will come up, the video. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Thank you, i couldn't remember the name for the life of me.  Oh yeah, forgot about getting the refurbished blenders.  

Quoting mypbandj:

Quoting Alyson121:

mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I only remember because it's on my amazon wish list!! I want either the Breville or a refurbished vitamix.

I really don't want to pay for a vitamix. But when I think of buying the other, which I feel confident is a good blender, I start to think I might as we save up another $100 and get the vitamix!

Quoting Alyson121:

Thank you, i couldn't remember the name for the life of me.  Oh yeah, forgot about getting the refurbished blenders.  

Quoting mypbandj:

Quoting Alyson121:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I just bought the nutribullet. It makes whole foods into juice texture. Keeps all the fiber. Depends on what you want the vitamix for.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 26, 2013 at 5:25 AM

I have a Bullet and it works well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)