Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

so hungry

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

i have been on weight watchers for the past 2 years, i have been slowly changing my diet and my activity levels each day over time. i am feeling healthier then ever! i am also in a healthy place emotionally right now too.

the past few days i have not been moving quite as much, mostly because i have freezing (new england winter weather) and busy (a single mom who has begun holiday prep and shoping lol) but i have been super hungry for the past 2 days. really hungry, i have been eatting only good for me food-so though that is a plus, i find myself going "over my (ww) points" and eatting too much each day. i have eatten breakfast, 2 snacks, lunch and a snack already just today and it is only 2oclock.

here is what i have had today:

a granola bar and an apple. bowl of ceral with fat free milk. a serving of low sodium chicken soup and a spinach wrap with cheese and tomatoe, a spinach sald toss with 1oz tuna on top, 1 serving of sunsweet pruines.

is this normal from time to time? i feel fine other than that and was just at my dr last week.

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Where are you in your cycle??  I have a huge appetite right before I menstrate.

mommy074ever
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I actually did not event think about that. Since I have the mirena (IUD) i do not get my period at all and have not gotton it for the past 8 years (i have had the first mirena taken out after 5 years and now have the second in place) I do not know when I would/should have it, howeveris something for me to look out for. I do have this happen a lot (about 1 a month or every other) maybe it has something to do with something like that...hmmm! Thank you

Quoting cmorris1200:

Where are you in your cycle??  I have a huge appetite right before I menstrate.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:36 PM
4 moms liked this

If you're hungry then you probably are not eating enough nutritionally dense foods.  Things like granola, dry cereal, canned soup are not very filling.  

You may need to add more living and whole foods so that you won't feel hungry.  For example, for breakfast instead of the granola bar, maybe make a smoothie with whole grains added in AND eat 2 pieces of fruit. Maybe ditch the dry cereal and eat a hot one instead and fruit can be added to that as well.  

Try making your own soups with loads of fresh veggies and put the fillings for your wraps inside things like romaine lettuce, kale or other big leafy greens.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 26, 2013 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you're not eating enough food to be honest...you need more protein and fiber.

clairewait
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Quoting mommy074ever:

I actually did not event think about that. Since I have the mirena (IUD) i do not get my period at all and have not gotton it for the past 8 years (i have had the first mirena taken out after 5 years and now have the second in place) I do not know when I would/should have it, howeveris something for me to look out for. I do have this happen a lot (about 1 a month or every other) maybe it has something to do with something like that...hmmm! Thank you

Actually this isn't probably something you need to think about.

If you aren't having a period, you likely aren't ovulating, in which case, you dont' have a cycle going on.

With the Mirena IUD (or any hormonal birth control for that matter), it is almost impossible to track a hormone cycle. Birth control usually cypresses the natural ebb and flow of different hormones in a regular menstrual cycle. Make sense?

The fact that you've had the IUD for 8 years (without issue) is a pretty good indication that it is not the problem, but if things continue to be weird for you, and you rule out all other factors, it is very common that hormonal stuff is in charge of a lot more than we give it credit for.

Could be that now, 8 years later, your body is changing.

I'll throw out there: stress very often directly affects my appetite. I'm the opposite. When I'm super busy I forget to eat and don't feel hungry, but it could be the opposite for you. Change in weather almost always gets me a little stressed too, especially when it goes from nice to yucky (warm to cold, dry to rainy, you know). 

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

karisma22
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM

First of all have some protein and healthy fat with each meal.  Next, ditch the low fat/no fat crap.  They replace the fat with extra startch and sugar (not good for you at all).  

Rota
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I teach wellness to lots of people and am amazed how many people think that there is nutritional value in granola bars, boxed cereal,canned soups, etc. Listen to your body. It is telling you that you are not getting enough nutrients. Eat real food- nothing from a bag, a box or a can is real food. You also need to eat healthy fats which will help a lot. I commend you on your weight loss, but WW is not necessarily healthy. If you want more information about eating healthy, how to avoid being hungry, and continue to lose weight , let me know. You can email me so that I can send you lots of info. If you just want to chat on this forum, that is OK  too,. My email is foundationsforhealth@yahoo.com

MWood18
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I would be starving too! eat eggs, nuts, oatmeal with fruit, tofu fried in coconut oil
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)