Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Losing weight vs. inches *rolling eyes and HUGE sigh*

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

Why does it always seem that inches come off faster than weight? The inches are RUNNING off of my body but the weight is just "hanging" around. I swear i feel like i'm going to be the only overweight person with size 2 waist.  

Oh well, nothing left to do but drop all of my scales out of the nearest 10th floor window. banging head into wall

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
raschwittay
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I don't even own a scale. I could feel amazing. Look incredible. And still weigh 160.

Just go with how you feel instead of the scale. Keep up the good work
luvhubandbabys
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Your body is tsking up less space. Way better than weight loss. That is results you can see.
printerr
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM

My guess is that you are losing fat and building up muscle.  Muscle is more dense, so it takes up less space (hence loss of inches) but still has weight to it. 

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM

You are gaining more muscle, which is more dense and takes up much less space than fat.  Because of that, you're losing inches but not necessarily weight.  I wouldn't rely solely on the scale to track your progress.

alc4evermom
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 7:43 AM
I never get under 130 and usually stay around 135 except now because I just had a baby lol. I always try to get my weight down into the 120's but it's not meant to be even when I get my body fat percentage down. I'm happy in a size five---can't wait to wear my clothes again.
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Why try?

Aim for fit, healthy, strong and flexible and drop the scale off the tenth floor.

Quoting alc4evermom: I never get under 130 and usually stay around 135 except now because I just had a baby lol. I always try to get my weight down into the 120's but it's not meant to be even when I get my body fat percentage down. I'm happy in a size five---can't wait to wear my clothes again.

MrsImperfect
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:14 PM
I lost 6 inches in the last 6 months and not a pound gone. I know how you feel. But my flab is now turning into shape so I'll take it! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)