Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

simple diet...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm doing low carb low calorie ddiet. Please give me ideas on what to eat. This is new to me.
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theresaphilly
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Stay clear of: breads, pastas, white rice, and sugar. You should be fine. You already know that too much processed foods and fried foods are high in fat and calories. 

Mrs.CATWOMEN91
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Why not have a chicken salad no dressing or dressing on the side and have spinach instead of regular lettuce I know dh loves spinach. :-) it's still healthy and hour getting your protein from the chicken.
Mrs.CATWOMEN91
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and whatever you do. Don't eat avocados there 400 calories per avocado.
jessecutez2
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Thanks guys. Ive been living on wheat thins and laughing cow cheese. Usually do that for a meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KLove_Mom
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

To start you should define what you mean by carbs... do you just mean grains? Fruit has a lot of carbs but also a lot of good nutrients and can help calm cravings for sugar. So it depends on what you're going to cut.

Definitely cut out grains, corn, potatoes, and white sugar.
(use honey or agave nectar sparingly)

What you should try to do is eat REAL foods at all times... Meat, veggie, fruit, nuts, beans. But again, there's still carbs in those, you need to research what you want to do.

Try celery or apple slices with almond butter (find a no sugar one or grind up your own).

jessecutez2
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I want to cut them... but not completely.

Quoting KLove_Mom:

To start you should define what you mean by carbs... do you just mean grains? Fruit has a lot of carbs but also a lot of good nutrients and can help calm cravings for sugar. So it depends on what you're going to cut.

What you should try to do is eat REAL foods at all times... Meat, veggie, fruit, nuts, beans. But again, there's still carbs in those, you need to research what you want to do.

Try celery or apple slices with almond butter (find a no sugar one or grind up your own).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmom27
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Just real food. As unprocessed as possible. Lots of veggies and lean protein. If you want to skip bread, you could add flax or wheat germ to your diet. I sprinkle it into my juice. I prefer flax seed meal. For breakfast, I like egg white fittatas. I add in tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and a little goat cheese.
jessecutez2
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Sounds good. But not the goat cheese... yuck

Quoting dmom27: Just real food. As unprocessed as possible. Lots of veggies and lean protein. If you want to skip bread, you could add flax or wheat germ to your diet. I sprinkle it into my juice. I prefer flax seed meal. For breakfast, I like egg white fittatas. I add in tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, and a little goat cheese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clairewait
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mrs.CATWOMEN91: Oh and whatever you do. Don't eat avocados there 400 calories per avocado.

I disagree. Avocados are one of the best sources of GOOD fat. 400 good calories is a great option for a filling food that is digestible, full of vitamins, and filling. I eat avocados every day - it beats grabbing a muffin or a bagel.

I also think that calling what you are doing a "low carb diet" implies that it will be short term. I caution you instead to make this a lifestyle change, forever. If you do low carb for a while, then go back on a normal carb habit, your body will pack all that weight right back on.

Cutting white flour and sugar is just a good habit change for life.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

KLove_Mom
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Ya, so instead of telling yourself you are cutting carbs... tell yourself you'll eat only Real Food in it's original form. 
Meaning you can cook it, but it hasn't been processed or changed.

Also means grain free, unless it's a sprouted grain and seed product like "Mary's Gone Crackers". 

Sugar free, and only drink water, tea, smoothies/fresh juice, and minimal coffee.

Here's a good site for recipes and articles about a Real Food Diet: http://www.draxe.com/tools/recipes/

Quoting jessecutez2: I want to cut them... but not completely.

Quoting KLove_Mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN