Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Couponing?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:17 AM
  • 21 Replies

Do you? What do you think you save a week on groceries? Any tips for those of us who need to but don't?shopping

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM
2 moms liked this

I use coupons when I can, but usually they're the store's $5 off $25 or $30 purchase coupons that I find for Dollar General or ALDI.  We don't buy many if any of the typical foods that you see coupons for, and in MOST cases I can still get store brand anything for cheaper than the brand name WITH the manufacturer coupons.

Stores around here rarely if ever double coupon values.

psych_mom
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I do use some coupons. I do the bulk of my shopping at Kroger and they always send me coupons and have coupons for the Kroger plus card. The thing I like about their coupons is that they usually line them up with sales so I can save about $30-$50 a week when I use the coupons on sale items. Unfortunately they never have much on sale in the way of fruits and veggies, but we are going to be buying those from local sources this year.

kmqw229
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I don't use a whole lot of coupons.

I shop at Aldi often & they don't take coupons.

I use the cartwheel app at Target.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clairewait
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM

The link in my signature has all my best tips.

My current budget for all food, paper products, cleaners, toiletries, OTC meds, beer, and wine is right at $100 a week for my family of 5. It actually has gone up $15 a week this year from last year, which I attribute to my children eating more food and the base price of groceries rising.

But still.

I'm happy with it.

momofnatalie
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I am an avid couponer.  I went grocery shopping today and was able to save 60% with promotions and coupons.  I love using digital coupons and the insert coupons from the paper and also non-inserts (coupons you find in blinkies and tear offs).  I normally get 4 sets of coupons per week because when items go on sale, I like to stock up on items. 

celestegood
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I coupon, but not a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 5:15 AM
I really tend to buy household items with coupons. I don't find good food coupons often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 5:17 AM
I have noticed that about buying store brands vs name brand with coupons!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I use coupons when I can, but usually they're the store's $5 off $25 or $30 purchase coupons that I find for Dollar General or ALDI.  We don't buy many if any of the typical foods that you see coupons for, and in MOST cases I can still get store brand anything for cheaper than the brand name WITH the manufacturer coupons.

Stores around here rarely if ever double coupon values.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 5:40 AM

This is what I need to do! bowing down

Quoting momofnatalie:

I am an avid couponer.  I went grocery shopping today and was able to save 60% with promotions and coupons.  I love using digital coupons and the insert coupons from the paper and also non-inserts (coupons you find in blinkies and tear offs).  I normally get 4 sets of coupons per week because when items go on sale, I like to stock up on items. 

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Is that really possible? I spend about $200 a week for 5 plus we get take out. I know that sounds insane but I almost don't know where to start to really save!

Quoting clairewait:

The link in my signature has all my best tips.

My current budget for all food, paper products, cleaners, toiletries, OTC meds, beer, and wine is right at $100 a week for my family of 5. It actually has gone up $15 a week this year from last year, which I attribute to my children eating more food and the base price of groceries rising.

But still.

I'm happy with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)