Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Now or Then?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

Do you feel that you are living a healthier lifestyle now or before kids?  I know that before kids I used to go to the gym 5 days a week but ate horribly.  Now I eat better and I go walking with the kids if the weather is good.  I do try to stay active and monitor my steps with my pedometer.  So I think I'm better off now.

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Now, definitely.

michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Healthier NOW.

kmqw229
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM
It's a toss up.

Before kids, I exercised often but didn't eat well.

Since having kids, I eat much healthier but exercise less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofnatalie
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I'm the same way, I think having them makes me more conscious of what I am putting in my mouth and I am trying to eat better so they will have make good choices. 

Quoting kmqw229: It's a toss up. Before kids, I exercised often but didn't eat well. Since having kids, I eat much healthier but exercise less.

clairewait
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Now. Definitely.

I've never been on such a predictable schedule in my life. 

Eating and working out have always been consistent healthy habits for me. But I'm getting a lot more sleep now than ever, I have a good routine, and I'm finally aware of my personal boundaries to a point where I live with very little stress because I'm so good at saying NO.

celestegood
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Much healthier now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Now, but I hardly get any exercise lately. 

sukainah
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM

When I was in my 20's I exercised a lot more but didn't eat that great.  But now I don't exercise enough but try to eat healthier.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I am living a much healthier life now than I was before kids. My size now doesn't seem to reflect it though. lol Still working off all this baby weight. Before kids, I drank regularly. I went on jogs a lot, but I also starved myself and then would binge on junk food mainly. Now, I watch what I eat and portion it, exercise regularly (more than just a 40 minute jog), drink water rather than soda and I am just over all healthier with my choices. After my daughter I was a super heavy person. It was like my metabolism came to a halt and I was stuffing my face with everything (one big problem). I realized that wasn't good and made a change. Lost a ton of the weight I had gained, had a second baby and am back to where I was when I found out I was pregnant with him. I have 30-40lbs left to go, depending on how I feel I look in 30ish pounds, but I feel like I look better now than I did when I was nothing but bones. 

elasmimi
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:19 PM

You probably get a lot more exercise than you think, especially if you have toddlers, lol.

Quoting kmqw229: It's a toss up. Before kids, I exercised often but didn't eat well. Since having kids, I eat much healthier but exercise less.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN