Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Hello Everyone!!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hello Everyone!!!! My name is Sara. I am 30 yrs old. I am married and have two children. My husband is Josh and my children are Hunter (7) and Hailey (5). We live in Stanley, WI with our boxer Lily.

I am very short in stature (4'9 & 3/4"). My weight right now is the highest it has ever been. (138lbs) That includes both of my pregnancies :(

I have been trying to do the clean eating thing and it always goes really well for a bit and then something happens to derail it. The first time my children would not touch it and my husband kept saying it was bland and had no taste. The second time our finances ended up getting terribly bad and we ended up haveing to go to thelocal food pantry for our food and almost all of it was processed crap and all we could afford to buy was processed crap because it was cheap.

Food isn't that big of a problem for me, it's the exercise! I hate it!!!!! I have had gym memberships, which don't last too long. I also have about 4 different workout programs that we have purchased and I never use them. I can't seem to keep motivated. I like working out with other people because then it is more like a competition plus it makes the time fly by!

So anyway, there are all of my excuses ;) okay maybe not all of them, lol!!!

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, welcome.  Yeah, staying focused is hard when everyone in your home isn't on board because it makes it easier to cave.  But we're all here to help and support each other, so you've come to the right place.  

psych_mom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. Although it can be hard, there are many recipes out there that are healthy and yummy. Check out the website skinnyms.com. As for exercise, maybe you should check out a class at the local Y or something like that.

saraewhite
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Thank you for the welcome!!! Yes, staying focused and motivated is the hardest part, at least for me it is! I am sure I will be inhere a lot with lots of questions and support!

Quoting Alyson121:

Hi, welcome.  Yeah, staying focused is hard when everyone in your home isn't on board because it makes it easier to cave.  But we're all here to help and support each other, so you've come to the right place.  

saraewhite
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Thank you for the welcome! I am an avid recipe hunter! My Pinterest is full of them. I actually follow skinnyms on pinterest and have so many resources. The local Y is 35 minutes away and I really don't have the money to spend on the gas and membership right now. I have figured out a workout program for the next 43 days, just have to stick with it.

Quoting psych_mom:

Welcome to the group. Although it can be hard, there are many recipes out there that are healthy and yummy. Check out the website skinnyms.com. As for exercise, maybe you should check out a class at the local Y or something like that.

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Welcome!

saraewhite
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Thank You!!!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Welcome!

JTMOM422
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:32 AM

My excuses are too tired, no motivation and just plain lazy. I have bought all kinds of videos. Some I am ashamed never made it out of the wrapper LOL. I have bought those running shoes and was doing very well til I hurt my knee. Am going to try that one again but don't know when. The running seemed to give me time to just be me and think

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Welcome!!!
saraewhite
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I have found that starting outsmall and only doing one thing health wise at a time works for me. So this week and next week I am drinking more water and adding 10 minutes of exercise a day. Then I will add on another goal every two weeks.

Quoting JTMOM422:

My excuses are too tired, no motivation and just plain lazy. I have bought all kinds of videos. Some I am ashamed never made it out of the wrapper LOL. I have bought those running shoes and was doing very well til I hurt my knee. Am going to try that one again but don't know when. The running seemed to give me time to just be me and think

saraewhite
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Thank You!!

Quoting ablackdolphin: Welcome!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)