Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

forum for moms with chronic health conditions?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, not sure if I should join this particular group, but I am looking for a place where I can get advice/vent about my chronic pain.  I am currently being tested for rheumatoid arthritis.  Is there a group for this?  Thanks! 

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:41 PM

There are posts here about chronic health conditions but not "pinned" forums.  If you do a search in this group about your condition your should find some posts and other info.  

bambismom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, just searched "rheumatoid arthritis" and the only one that came up was mine!  I'm not sure if I have it yet, but the doctor thinks so.  While the pain is not new to me, this condition is and I am dreading this diagnosis. 

Quoting Alyson121:

There are posts here about chronic health conditions but not "pinned" forums.  If you do a search in this group about your condition your should find some posts and other info.  

psych_mom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:03 PM
psych_mom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to live with an autoimmune disease so I know that getting the diagnosis can be scary, but do lots of research, check out various diets that can help (such as GAPs, the Autoimmune Protocol), and definitely surround yourself with supportive people.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I just did a quick search and 32 posts came up. Once you hit "search" you then have to click the down button and select "all-time"

Quoting bambismom:

Yeah, just searched "rheumatoid arthritis" and the only one that came up was mine!  I'm not sure if I have it yet, but the doctor thinks so.  While the pain is not new to me, this condition is and I am dreading this diagnosis. 

Quoting Alyson121:

bambismom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Thank you, I will let you know what I find out. 

Quoting psych_mom:

I have to live with an autoimmune disease so I know that getting the diagnosis can be scary, but do lots of research, check out various diets that can help (such as GAPs, the Autoimmune Protocol), and definitely surround yourself with supportive people.

bambismom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

O.K., I will try that!

Quoting Alyson121:

I just did a quick search and 32 posts came up. Once you hit "search" you then have to click the down button and select "all-time"

Quoting bambismom:

Quoting Alyson121:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)