Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Anyone use runkeeper app?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 11 Replies
Love this app!!!
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:18 AM
tracks how far you run or walk can tell you when to run walk on intervals keeps track of pace, splits, route etc
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:54 AM

No but sounds awesome

JTMOM422
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:57 AM

No I have never heard of this. 

proudmommy690
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Never heard of it.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I don't, but I'm about to start running with my son... I bet he would like something like that. I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation.
louannwilkins
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM

No I've never heard of it but it sounds great   :)

RobynS
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I have some friends who do. I don't have a smartphone, so no apps for me.

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM

So awesome!!! I did the couch to 5K training plan about 1.5 years ago and have been running since.  Prior to that I did yoga, but it was taking too much time away from the family and I wanted something that was a little more active and "faster" at burning calories. 

We bought a double jogger that DH pushes.  Several days a week we run as a family.  The kids usually get out and run with us at the end.  I'm really hoping they'll do a race soon!! I think DD4 would LOVE that!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I don't, but I'm about to start running with my son... I bet he would like something like that. I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:06 PM

It's fun too because you can have friends on the app as well

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I downloaded Couch to 5K for my phone today... I think we can probably use at least some of that. We are actually pretty active all winter long, although not running, so I don't know that we'll stick to it religiously. I think it will help, though.

I do like that this is something DS and I can do together, and maybe we'll get DH to go with us sometimes. We do bike rides and long walks as a family, though, so I don't mind if this is more of an after school activity before DH gets home from work... I'm just looking forward to getting in shape and sharing the fun of racing with DS! :)

Quoting ablackdolphin:

So awesome!!! I did the couch to 5K training plan about 1.5 years ago and have been running since.  Prior to that I did yoga, but it was taking too much time away from the family and I wanted something that was a little more active and "faster" at burning calories. 

We bought a double jogger that DH pushes.  Several days a week we run as a family.  The kids usually get out and run with us at the end.  I'm really hoping they'll do a race soon!! I think DD4 would LOVE that!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: I don't, but I'm about to start running with my son... I bet he would like something like that. I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)