Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I so want to stop smoking. I can't use medication since I react strongly to meds. I am scared of the patches for the same reason. Has anyone stopped? How did you do it?

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Replies (31-35):
Hannahsmommy816
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 7:10 AM

i have not but what about the "fake" ciggs....my friend had that and it worked. or gum.

JTMOM422
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I thought of this til I read a report saying the liquid can be dangerous if it gets on skin. And deadly if kids drink it

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

My mom and step dad are doing the electronic cigarette and haven;t stopped, but it's made them cut way back.

JTMOM422
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:58 AM

I remember the day I pick the habit back up. I wanted a cigarette cause I was bored and we had just moved to a new country. So I went and bought a pack. Wish that day had never happened

Quoting TerriC:

There are still times where I feel the urge!  It is hard!!

Quoting JTMOM422:

This is totally true. I went through a period where I just didn't want to smoke. I quit for 4 years. then one day I lit up and that was that. So stressed lately is what is making it hard to quit 

Quoting TerriC:

I did.  5 years ago.  Cold turkey.  I also could not do meds or the patch, so I just made up my mind and did it.  You have to "want" to do it.  So many people told me that, and it is SO true.  Good luck to you!!!!

JTMOM422
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM

The fake ones still have nicotine. I am going to talk to my doc about the gum

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

i have not but what about the "fake" ciggs....my friend had that and it worked. or gum.

TerriC
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:10 AM

It's easy to do. (pick the habit back up that is).  Especially when a move is involved, that makes it tough.

Quoting JTMOM422:

I remember the day I pick the habit back up. I wanted a cigarette cause I was bored and we had just moved to a new country. So I went and bought a pack. Wish that day had never happened

Quoting TerriC:

There are still times where I feel the urge!  It is hard!!

Quoting JTMOM422:

This is totally true. I went through a period where I just didn't want to smoke. I quit for 4 years. then one day I lit up and that was that. So stressed lately is what is making it hard to quit 

Quoting TerriC:

I did.  5 years ago.  Cold turkey.  I also could not do meds or the patch, so I just made up my mind and did it.  You have to "want" to do it.  So many people told me that, and it is SO true.  Good luck to you!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN