Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Is anyone else out there on a cleanse, detox or other special kind of diet?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:57 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am currently on a no sugar, no grain diet. Anyone else out there doing something challenging like this??

Karen

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Nope, i just try to eat more veggies and lean meats, my son is dairy free due to intolerance so we dont eat many processed items anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Gluten free
Apr1l
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I'm on an off the same one you're doing.  Its soooo hard to not have sugar, I've already given up bread, cereal, etc.  I still just love to have a piece of chocolate now and then ugh sooo hard.

SeventiesChild
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:11 PM

How long are you doing yours? i am going for 21 days. I already was gluten free( wheat intolerance) so that part is ok by me. But the coffee is hard to give up and i didnt really eat that much sugar but i HAD to have a piece of chocoloate around 4 in the afternoon. 

Let me know if you'd like to email back and forth for support.

Karen

Quoting Apr1l:

I'm on an off the same one you're doing.  Its soooo hard to not have sugar, I've already given up bread, cereal, etc.  I still just love to have a piece of chocolate now and then ugh sooo hard.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM

No. I have wanted to try some though

1stmuslimah
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I do the Action Dual Cleanse every 30 days and a very intense Olive Oil cleanse every 6 months. I have not been able to detox though in about 3 months due to illness. I was hospitalized in February and have since been on a liquid diet of Chlorophyll, Ensure, Banana, and Flax Seed oil, or I raw juice when I'm not to lazy. All this is due to damage from steroids (Predizone) from bronchitis.

Apr1l
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Why are you giving up coffee?  man I don't think I could do it, I love coffee, but I take it black.  I'm doing this indefinitely, sugar is inflammatory food so cutting out sugar and grains indefinitely is a good way to go IMO.

Quoting SeventiesChild:

How long are you doing yours? i am going for 21 days. I already was gluten free( wheat intolerance) so that part is ok by me. But the coffee is hard to give up and i didnt really eat that much sugar but i HAD to have a piece of chocoloate around 4 in the afternoon. 

Let me know if you'd like to email back and forth for support.

Karen

Quoting Apr1l:

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:36 AM

nope, never done it

michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I'm no refined sugar/no grains/no soy/limited dairy.  It's challenging at first, but it gets easier as you see the health benefits.

JTMOM422
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I tried one before and ended up with migraines. I did the 17 day diet and that was pretty good. I felt better and was not sleepy all the time. I am thinking about starting that again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)