Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

dinner 4/29

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 14 Replies
Whats for dinner tonight;
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Not healthy but I got tombstone pizzas for only 99 cents today

michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:50 PM

wet burritos, Mexican salad

smurfy88
by Jessica on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:23 PM

We had baked chicken, baked potato, and mixed veggies.

CafeMom Tickers
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM
BLTs and oven roasted green beans.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM
What's a wet burrito?

Quoting michiganmom116:

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Sausage and pancakes
michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I pack 10 burritos in a cake pan (I use beef), then top with enchilada sauce and cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: What's a wet burrito?
Quoting michiganmom116:

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Oh nice. That's basically what we call enchiladas... No rice in ours, though, but I would put rice in a "burrito". I'm guessing maybe not in yours with your dietary restrictions? Though you know I'm still a little fuzzy on the details.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I pack 10 burritos in a cake pan (I use beef), then top with enchilada sauce and cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.

Quoting michiganmom116:

michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I cooked up 2 lb. beef, seasoned with homemade taco seasoning, and divided it among 10 grain-free burritos.  Add diced tomato and lettuce, then rolled them up. The original recipe called for 1 lb. beef and 1 can refried beans, but we don't eat beans, either.

I will eat some steamed white rice once in a while (nothing harmful in that but nothing nutritious, either).

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Oh nice. That's basically what we call enchiladas... No rice in ours, though, but I would put rice in a "burrito". I'm guessing maybe not in yours with your dietary restrictions? Though you know I'm still a little fuzzy on the details.
Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting michiganmom116:

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh right, no beans! I knew that and forgot. I'm figuring it out... Slowly... :) I usually do chicken and season with cumin and chili powder, add in some spinach or zucchini, and call it good. We do roll it up with beans, though.

This whole conversation is making me very hungry. I like the sound of your burritos and I like our version of enchiladas... I need to go to bed to avoid the midnight snacking that could ensue!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I cooked up 2 lb. beef, seasoned with homemade taco seasoning, and divided it among 10 grain-free burritos.  Add diced tomato and lettuce, then rolled them up. The original recipe called for 1 lb. beef and 1 can refried beans, but we don't eat beans, either.

I will eat some steamed white rice once in a while (nothing harmful in that but nothing nutritious, either).

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Oh nice. That's basically what we call enchiladas... No rice in ours, though, but I would put rice in a "burrito". I'm guessing maybe not in yours with your dietary restrictions? Though you know I'm still a little fuzzy on the details.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)