Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How can I get rid of this belly fat?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have had 3 kids and my body does not look the same, obviously because I had kids. I am 5'4" and 115 lbs so not overweight. My last child is now 2 1/2 so I know it is not baby weight from him. What kind of exercises can I do? Pics in replies. Please be nice.
by on May. 8, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Replies (21-23):
_abeauty92
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Do you mind if I shoot you a PM? I have some questions about diet. Maybe you can give me some pointers we are in the weightloss group too but I hardly post & I know you've had success with weightloss and sticking to at home work outs plus changing your eating habits& I'm way out of my goal weight .

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quinoa is a seed, as is flax...both are okay.  Oats are a grain, along with rye, barley, corn... sprouted flours are no longer grains, but technically a vegetable and are okay to eat.

I don't worry about fat.  Natural fats are good to eat, not the manufactured fats like veggie or seed oils or margarine.

Quoting _abeauty92: Thanks for the help . When you say grains .. What about things like Oats, Quinoa, flaxseed ect?

I love bagels and cream cheese how can I supplement that? I buy the organic "sprout" bagels from whole foods and "light" or "reduced fat" cream cheese.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I use steamed cauliflower in place of macaroni, and shredded cabbage or spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti.

For sandwiches/tacos/buns, I'll use lettuce leaves or else make my own grain-free version using almond meal and/or coconut flour.

Quoting _abeauty92: What is your healthy alternative for pasta? And bread like sandwhiches an stuff?

Quoting michiganmom116:

My youngest baby is 14 yrs old, and my belly looks like yours if I eat grains/sugar.  Been in your position...I know how embarassing it is.

Quoting ZakkarysMom: And thanks for not making fun. lol

Quoting michiganmom116:

Clean up your diet by getting rid of processed foods.  Avoid grain products (unless you're eating a head of wheat, they're VERY processed) and sugar....both of those things feed a candida growth in the abdomen that causes bloating. 

Drink plenty of water.

Plank exercises are great for core strengthening, and cardio exercises will burn overall fat.

michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Sure, I don't mind!

Quoting _abeauty92: Do you mind if I shoot you a PM? I have some questions about diet. Maybe you can give me some pointers we are in the weightloss group too but I hardly post & I know you've had success with weightloss and sticking to at home work outs plus changing your eating habits& I'm way out of my goal weight .
Quoting michiganmom116:

Quinoa is a seed, as is flax...both are okay.  Oats are a grain, along with rye, barley, corn... sprouted flours are no longer grains, but technically a vegetable and are okay to eat.

I don't worry about fat.  Natural fats are good to eat, not the manufactured fats like veggie or seed oils or margarine.

Quoting _abeauty92: Thanks for the help . When you say grains .. What about things like Oats, Quinoa, flaxseed ect? I love bagels and cream cheese how can I supplement that? I buy the organic "sprout" bagels from whole foods and "light" or "reduced fat" cream cheese.
Quoting michiganmom116:

I use steamed cauliflower in place of macaroni, and shredded cabbage or spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti.

For sandwiches/tacos/buns, I'll use lettuce leaves or else make my own grain-free version using almond meal and/or coconut flour.

Quoting _abeauty92: What is your healthy alternative for pasta? And bread like sandwhiches an stuff?
Quoting michiganmom116:

My youngest baby is 14 yrs old, and my belly looks like yours if I eat grains/sugar.  Been in your position...I know how embarassing it is.

Quoting ZakkarysMom: And thanks for not making fun. lol
Quoting michiganmom116:

Clean up your diet by getting rid of processed foods.  Avoid grain products (unless you're eating a head of wheat, they're VERY processed) and sugar....both of those things feed a candida growth in the abdomen that causes bloating. 

Drink plenty of water.

Plank exercises are great for core strengthening, and cardio exercises will burn overall fat.

NewlyLostMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM
I take Zeal for weight loss and energy. It's an all-in-one nutritional drink.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN