Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

HELP! Low -Carb lunch ideas?

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
So I'm cutting back on carbs and I'm at loss on what to have for lunch /:

Breakfast I has 1whole egg & 1 egg white scramble with spinach & mushrooms plus 1/2 and orange .

Suggestions please?!
by on May. 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

clear broth-based soups, lettuce wraps, huge chef salads, meat & veggies leftovers, cottage cheese topped w/veggies salad, ham/cheese/veggie sticks w/dip

Mariaej24
by on May. 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM

We're trying to slow down on a lot of carbs too, so if I can come up with any other ideas, I'll be sure to share them

clairewait
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I could do a spinach salad every day for lunch. Once I've prepped everything separately (I do enough for a week) it is easy to prepare. I do spinach, chicken, tomatoes, strawberries (or another fruit), avocado, feta, some nuts, and a balsamic vinaigrette.

I also often make a big batch of white chicken chili and eat that every day for lunch. It is better and better the longer it gets refridgerated.

momofsixangels
by on May. 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I need to do this

LindaClement
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Tuna salad on lettuce leaves.

dmom27
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I love lettuce cups filled with anything. I also really like burgers with a lettuce "bun.". Or veggie burger, or chicken sandwich. I don't have any lettuce cup recipes on hand, but there are TONS on-line.
dmom27
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Also, a favorite salad: baby greens. Add tomato, feta cheese and pine nuts. Squeeze lemon on top and stir. Add avocado, stir and enjoy! The lemon dissolves the feta, and it coats everything. Love this :)

Another is spinach salad. Baby spinach with a raspberry vinaigrette, walnuts, cranberries, and goat cheese.
batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Hummus and fresh vegetables
rosesink
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:38 AM

When I went low carb I would eat tuna salad on pork rinds (they are zero carbs) they are like lovely little meat crackers

smile

Quoting LindaClement:

LindaClement
by on Dec. 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Hahahahaha! 

Gross.

Quoting rosesink:

When I went low carb I would eat tuna salad on pork rinds (they are zero carbs) they are like lovely little meat crackers

smile

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN