Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

hello

Posted by on May. 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

hey ladies my name is fawn im 25 and a full time mommy of two boys. I and trying to start getting healthy resently my mother inlaw found out she had a stroke. its really made me and my husband wake up and abmit we need to get healthy we r both over weight not alot but me having asthma and being over weight isnt good. But we dont no where to start we both drink soda and love junk food. i think i cook healthy most of the time. we wanna start vitimuns but arnt sure where to start from we would like a chewable that doesnt taste like crap cause the pills r really harsh on our stomachs. He will try anything once me im a very picky eatter and i wont lie i hate the taste of salad alot of veggies and fruit but i know we gotta change. so anyone have any advice about good gummy vitimuns? healthy recipes? and way to over come being picky please ?????

by on May. 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyC57
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Hi.  It is really hard to make a lifestyle change... I know, I've been there myself.  But it IS possible.  I can help!  Message me at ncanizal@twc.com and I can help you with food choices and get you on a plan to get healthy!

boppysmom2007
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Thank u so much
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM

These are good ones and our kids love them.

As for cooking health food, meal prep really helps to stay on track.  Try and plan a menu for the next few weeks, grocery shop for ONLY the foods you plan to cook and go from there.  You can do a search for any meals your family loves and search for "healthy versions" of those same foods.  Also plan in your smacks but make sure they are not things like cookies, chips, soda.  

For soda replacement you can buy sparkling water and REAL 100% fruit juice and make a 50-50 mix of sparkle water to fruit juice, just until you can kick the addiction.  

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM

It is so much easier to choose things to add to your life (fresh fruits and vegetables, for example, or a nightly walk after dinner) than it is to restrict things only.

Restrictions will make you feel rebellious and ripped off. Adding healthy things will help you feel loved and nurtured.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)