Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Need workout help

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:19 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have once again become bored with my workout program. I started with 10 minute trainer went to Turbo Jam and Yoga videos off of YouTube. Need something else. Anyone have any ideas?

No gym it's just too expensive for our budget.

Want to walk but my husband's schedule is so unpredictable. He leaves very early in the morning and I never know when he is going to be home. Would take the kids but they can't walk for long periods well as long as I would like to walk and their pace is so much slower than mine.When I walk I walk.

What do you ladies do? What would you suggest for workouts?
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
clairewait
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM

One of the nicer parks in my area recently built a really nice paved walking/running track around it. There are different routes but it can be up to 4 miles. I actually bring my kids with their razor scooters and we keep a pretty even pace. We go early when it isn't too hot, and there are lots of older people and dogs, so they stay entertained and love it. It was a nice break in my routine.

I know you say gyms are too expensive, but have you looked in to the Open Doors Scholarship at the YMCA? It is offered at every YMCA and you basically pay what you can afford.

I couldn't live without my Y membership. The childcare alone makes it worth it and keeps me on a regular gym schedule. Haha.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM
The nearest ymca is a 35 minute drive.
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Here are some of the ones i do, they're on my Yoga playlist (even though it's not the typical kind of yoga).

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Here are some of the faster cardio videos i also use. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM

ladybuglove08
by Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM
My kids go on bikes or scooters so I can keep a faster pace
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShortMommytobe
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Look up on YouTube:
Fitness Blender
Pop Sugar Fitness
Blogilates
Bex Life

so awesome, hard and fun
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)