Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Good morning!! I'm new here :) I have a question.

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 4 Replies

Is anyoney going through the change?

i am going through the pre stages of menopause and it is terrible!!!  i sweat in places that i didn't even know had glands.  body odor is changing (tmi sorry) and i can't deal.  anyone else?  if so, how are you coping?

little bit of history:  

i am 43 years old and i have three children. i started my menses  at age 9 (don't know if that has anything to do with anything but i thought i'd share lol).  i had an endometrial ablation 4 years ago due to heavy bleeding uncontrollably.  i had a choice of having that procedure or having a hysterectomy.  and i must say, it was really effective. i still have a period every month but they are so light that i can wear a panty liner.  my gyn said  i had a few choices and those choices were to eat lots of tofu, drink lots of soy milk and take vitamin d.  i drink the soy milk and take vitamin d but the symptoms have not subsided.  the body ordor is a little over the top for me.

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sonshining
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Wow, 9 is really young to start, and 43 is also young to start menopause, I gave birth at 43! However it is possible to start this young. Especially due to your starting menstruating at 9. That is a factor and also what age was your Mom when she had menopause? Also a factor. Anyway, I'm 55 now and went through my change around 4-5 years ago. Didn't have changes in BO. Did have hot flashes but not the sweats, I know I was fortunate as other women I know had sweats bad. I wasn't offered the choices your gyn offered you, yet I also went through it naturally. Never took soy, but started more calcium with vitamin D as my Mom had osteoporosis and I am in line for that after menopause. They say it is actually menopause what a year after you've had your last period? Eventually they will cease, and your symptoms will too. Hang in there, read the internet, educate yourself. Take good care, sleep well, keep moving and eat well.

ebmars2681
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM

thank you for your reply.  My mom passed away at the age of 34 so i don't think she had started yet.  she certainly did say anything about it.

i will be sure to take all of your advice. :)

michiganmom116
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 48 and in peri-menopause.  I don't have any symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, etc.  I used to have them along with severe PMS symptoms, but 3 years ago I dropped all grains, refined sugars, most dairy except cheese, and legumes (that means soy products, too.)  My body's hormone and enzyme levels leveled out completely and are perfect. 

ebmars2681
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Thank you for your reply. This is very helpful.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'm 48 and in peri-menopause.  I don't have any symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings, night sweats, etc.  I used to have them along with severe PMS symptoms, but 3 years ago I dropped all grains, refined sugars, most dairy except cheese, and legumes (that means soy products, too.)  My body's hormone and enzyme levels leveled out completely and are perfect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN