Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Can't stand going to the dentist

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am 55 years old. My teeth aren't that bad, the work for some reason, is ALWAYS EXCRUCIATING! I have told people I would rather give birth than go to the dentist! My cleanings, twice a year are painful. I just got my second crown two days ago and I still have pain, the tooth and gum area and a headache. And it's not the dentist. I have been to 3 or 4 in the past ten years due to changing insurance. So anyway, anyone else?

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Vertical15
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I don't have that problem but I can imagine thats why you hate going.  I love going and that clean feeling when I get done.

ReaperChick87
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I had a very bad experience when I was very young at the dentist. Dentophobia I think it's called.. I have an anxiety attack as soon as I see the tools. My husband tells me I just need to deal with it.. but I have such a hard time doing that. He just don't understand. When I was 23 or 24 I went the dentist pulled out the ill scrapper looking thing and as son as he touched it to my teeth I was in full blown panic mode and through numb lips mumbling my words with tears in my eyes I told the dentist I had to go that I could not do it. I try so hard but never get very far. I now have to see a dentist that will put me to sleep while the work is being done. The last estimate I got it was going to cost me 3 grand.
clairewait
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Not me. I love the dentist.

But you should try to find one that does sedation dentistry. Sounds like that might be right for you.

sonshining
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Oh yeah, me too. I would love to be "put out" when they do procedures, but my insurance wouldn't come close to covering it. As it is I owe $400 for my crown, and that is 50% of it! 

Quoting ReaperChick87: I had a very bad experience when I was very young at the dentist. Dentophobia I think it's called.. I have an anxiety attack as soon as I see the tools. My husband tells me I just need to deal with it.. but I have such a hard time doing that. He just don't understand. When I was 23 or 24 I went the dentist pulled out the ill scrapper looking thing and as son as he touched it to my teeth I was in full blown panic mode and through numb lips mumbling my words with tears in my eyes I told the dentist I had to go that I could not do it. I try so hard but never get very far. I now have to see a dentist that will put me to sleep while the work is being done. The last estimate I got it was going to cost me 3 grand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN