Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Need help on Supplements

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

What kind of supplement does a 35-55 year old (i am shy to tell my age) woman like me should take to improve my lifestyle? IF you are in my situation what supplement you will be looking for?. for example supplement for stamina, energy, sleep, bone health, Hair and Nails, Multivitamins, Menopause, Bone Health, Skin Care, Sex Drive, Stress, Sleep, Brain Health, Aging etc?. I dont wanna go to a doctor I need answers from personal experiences..

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
scapermom
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I used Arbonne Prolief Balancing cream and it helped me during 'that time'. I also used the Arbonne Woman's Balance supplement. It contains many of the common ingredients that may help transition a woman through menopause (like black cohosh, Dong Quai, Red Clover, etc.)

As for hair & nails, my hair stylist just turned me on to Biotin. I haven't started taking that yet though.

Arbonne also has a Calcium Plus supplement that contains calcium,magnesium, vitamin D, red clover and other ingredients to help support healthy bones and many other important biological functions.

magnesium, vitamin D, red clover and other ingredients to help support healthy bones and many other important biological functions. - See more at: https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2062&menuId=192&withLinks=1#sthash.ONUHUuBG.dpuf
angelgriffin23
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Quoting scapermom:

Personally, I used Arbonne Prolief Balancing cream and it helped me during 'that time'. I also used the Arbonne Woman's Balance supplement. It contains many of the common ingredients that may help transition a woman through menopause (like black cohosh, Dong Quai, Red Clover, etc.)

As for hair & nails, my hair stylist just turned me on to Biotin. I haven't started taking that yet though.

Arbonne also has a Calcium Plus supplement that contains calcium,magnesium, vitamin D, red clover and other ingredients to help support healthy bones and many other important biological functions.

magnesium, vitamin D, red clover and other ingredients to help support healthy bones and many other important biological functions. - See more at: https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2062&menuId=192&withLinks=1#sthash.ONUHUuBG.dpuf

Hi  scapermom. Thanks for your advice. I would love to try that supplement. how many years are you taking it?

Alyson121
by Alyson on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Everyone should take vitamins A, D, K and E.  But make sure you get them from a REAL health store (not GNC or Walmart, etc).  Whey and a good probiotic is also great.  Magnesium, Zinc are good too.  

Having your blood work done will tell you vitmains and supps you should take. 

scapermom
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Quoting angelgriffin23:

Quoting scapermom:

Hi  scapermom. Thanks for your advice. I would love to try that supplement. how many years are you taking it?

You don't need to take the Woman's Balance for long. Just until you feel regulated or complete 'the change'. I used the Prolief for around a year or two. The calcium should be taken regularly.

You should go to the doctor to confirm your suspicions and perhaps get blood work and a bone density test done. 

clairewait
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I've always taken a multi-vitamin and Vitamin B. I hear fish oil is one everyone should take too, but it isn't on my regular rotation.

That said, Ultimate Women's Wellness has changed my life.

I'm 32.

Was having issues with MAJOR PMS and lethargy and loss of libido. I'm healthy. I eat well. I'm thin. I work out. But I was seriously struggling for a week out of every month and also generally just moody and unhappy and not interested in sex.

My mom found this stuff years ago and said it was the only thing that took away her menopause symptoms. In reading the reviews she noticed several women mentioned that it took care of PMS. So I tried it.

I was nursing at the time (7 months pp and off birth control, but definitely ovulating regularly). Within 2 months my PMS was pretty much gone. My milk actually increased. I had energy. I was interested in my husband again. I mean. It was a miracle.

I'm off it now because i"m pregnant but I'll start up again as soon as the new baby is sleeping through the night.

NewlyLostMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I take Zeal for weight loss, energy and all over ailments. It is an all-in-one nutritional blend. There are a lot of personal stories with the above problems. 

TutiniDIY
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I am a health coach and I work at a natural foods store in the supplement section. This is what I would recommend-

Your base should always be a Multi a fish oil and a probiotic.

-Multi vitamin- Stick with whole food companies like Megafoods, Garden Of Life and New Chapter. They also make woman's 40+ or the 50 and wiser woman's multies. It is best to to take a multi that you take more than one of a day. Slit the pills up for instance if it suggests 4 ills a day take two in the morning and two at night so you get the best absorption possible.                                                                                                          

Fish Oil- Look For companies that are third party tested. IFOS is a great third party certification that tests for heavy metals, rancidity and toxins. My favorite companies are Wileys, Nordic Naturals, and Renew Life.      

Probiotic- Now this one is VERY important. The ONLY brands I trust are Bio-K+, Natrin, Renew Life, Dr. Oheras, and Jarrow.                                                                                                                                                          

Calcium- What ever you do DON'T get calcium citrate. It causes hardening of the arteries, bone spers, and heart attacks! No Bueno. Stick to food based calciums like New Chaters Bone strength take care or Garden Of Life Grow bone system.                                                                                                                                         

Sleep Stress and Energy- I call these my happy ills and I suggest them to ALL women of any age. Natural Factors Adrenasense. Take two in the morning and if need be, take two again in the afternoon.  These will help you sleep better at night, have more energy through out the day and help your body react to stress better.                                                                                                                                                                                    

Menopause and Sex Drive- Try Irwin Naturals Steel Libido for women. Progesterone cream. Also Maca is an amazing adaptagen that helps balance hormones and gives you more energy.                                            -

Hair Skin Nails, Joints- My favorite stuff in the whole wide world- Doctors Best Hyalaronic Acid with Collagen. Also Seabuckthorn is a great antioxidant that makes your hair super shiny and your nails think and strong. 

Hope all of this helps:)Im a health coach and I love this sort of stuff so let me know if you ever need advice or tips on supplements, fitness or healthy living. I would love to keep in touch

-Leigha

ps visit my like page at facebook.com/DIYhealthyalternatives 

rosesink
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Centrum women 50+ multivitamin

dancing

loveyourenemy
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM
I drink shakeology. Since I started drinking it I have more Energy, lose weight faster, feel stronger etc and it actually tastes good too. I have it during my 3:00 crash instead of coffee.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN