Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting close..

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

to the half.. and I really don't feel as prepared as I did for my practice half...thanksgiving then my hubby being awya for 2 weeks really threw me.. its been hard to keep up with my runs with my son being crabby and such but oh well.. just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best!! managed to get a short 2 mile run in.. I was hoping for 3 but what you gonna do!! one more short run tonight and thats it.. rest rest rest for the big day!! I'm going to *try to pace myself.. and try to hit 11 minute miles.. we are thinking we want to do it un under 2:30 so that woudl be the pace we need... I think I an do it.. in training our runs go between 11-14 minutes but we also have hills on our long running route... and this one has none... it actually boasts being flat/downhill sooo we shall see!!!

also have some weight training today yessss love getting swole

breakfast egg whites spinach mozz cheese

snack greek yogurt blueberries almonds

salad tuna mayo w olive oil

cottage cheese blueberries pecans

chicken broccoli brown rice

pp shaek half 110 cal whole grain bagel thin /pb

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
honeyb3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Yikes...well I hope you hit your goal. I'm sure you'll do good though. I have never seen you post about not doing well at one of these things.

good luck

The holidays are throwing me off too. And now I'm "spring" cleaning my house and semi-redecorating it too. I'm still trying for my goal to be in the 170s before Xmas though... We're making cookies. Eeek. I was going to just do arts&crafts stuff with my ds this year, and skip the holiday baking, but he has requested we make them. Plus my brother is coming and it will be something we can all do together. Eeek though! Cookies add up in calories soooo quickly. I think I'll keep a dozen or so around for everyone to enjoy and see if I can't get the rest out the door and off with my dh to work or something. The fun is is the making/decorating them anyway.

Have a good couple of rest days. :)

big_red05
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM

yess this is true.. but I have never put a goal on myself.. well I put easy ones on like finish lol... but it will be fun either way and hopefully we can keep the time goal.. she totally could its me I'm worried about!! I"m pokey!! anyways.. I need to do my holiday baking as well.. but as soon as the cookies cool I will wrap them up in containers and put a bow on them for delivery so I do not eat any!! well maybe a couple ;)

honeyb3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:57 PM
O thought you had set a time goal at least once before.
Yeah... I really domt have anyone to give them around here. Well...maybe a few, but we made Pinecone birdfeeders already to give out... among other things. Ah well... It has become a bit of a tradition. My son loves to decorate the sugar cookies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honeyb3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:58 PM
*dont stupid phone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
big_red05
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:48 AM

awww yeah decorating is fun my daughter likes to do it too... I know a few people that I should give them too.. my neighbor has helped me out with a few things and babysat once and didn't want any money so I figure it would be nice to give her something back

ohh pinecone birdfeeders thats fun.. I have been meaning to make some with my daughter just for fun but I keep forgetting :(

oh I did set a time goal for my triathlon.. I wanted to finish in under 2:30 but I can't remember if I ever set a time goal for any of my runs

cfdm3s_mommy
by Group Owner on Dec. 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I know you'll do great on the run!
Can't wait to hear all about it.

That would be pretty cool if it was all flat and down hill!

I've been trying to work on sculpting a lot lately. I lost a lot of muscle tone over the past couple of months and I want my guns back, lol

Holiday cookies are EVIL. Tre has gotten into baking, so I told him we would have to bake some stuff soon... luckily, I can always make Ford take stuff to work where there is tons of younger guys that will eat it up, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)