Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Do you include your pets?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 12:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

Do you include your pets in activities you do as a family?

I know my kids would take the dog with us grocery shopping if they could! Our dog is there best friend when we go for rides she has to come too and they talk to her and pet her and it just never gets old to them. She amazes them its so cute!

by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 11:08 AM

She goes for rides if I am dropping off or picking up one of the girls.  We wanted her to like cars so we took her a lot last year when she was a puppy.  She didn't like it at first and was scared.  Now we say "Wanna go bye bye" and she goes crazy barking with excitement. 

mumsy2three
by on Jul. 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM

We have cats and while we don't include them in family outings or trips they do get attention constantly. Sometimes too much attention from my 5 year old. 

rkoloms
by on Jul. 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

We don't have pets...

Robin in Chicago

SueB32
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Our dog does go for car rides, but we leave them at home most of the time. I don't like them to be in the car, I don't want them to get too hot. They do like to go out in the garden with us, play in the yard with the kids and sit next to the picnic table when we eat outside.

BridgetC140
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 5:18 PM

We have 2 dogs and I will admit that they rarely leave the house.  They're little and we have a big fenced in yard that they pretty much own most of the year(they do come inside still of course).  They bark psychotically at other dogs and some people, so we don't bring them many places.  My sister brings her dog over though and they get along with her so that's a treat for them.  Plus, when we go on vacation, they stay at my sister's house.  I'm proud to say that they've never seen the inside of a kennel, but unfortunately as long as my daughter is in a carseat, I don't like to have them in the car in case they would jump on her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN