Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Ask the Expert & Contest: All About Homeschooling

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM
  • 396 Replies

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to homeschool your kids? Are you wondering how to get started? For the next part of our Back-to-School Bonanza, join us to get your questions answered from homeschooling expert Linda Dobson!

Starting Monday, August 30, Linda will join the group to answer YOUR questions. Linda is a nationally-recognized homeschooling expert and author. She will answer as many questions as she can, but please be aware she might not be able to answer every single one.

Everyone who asks a question will be entered to win a free copy of her book, "The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas."

Please post your questions as replies to this post. Linda will post her answers here as well.

Welcome and thank you for joining us, Linda Dobson!

by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Becky
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Official Rules for the Contest:

To enter this contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button. 

• Posts must be made between Monday, August 30 at 3 pm EST and Sunday, September 5 at 11:59 pm EST.
  • This contest will end on Sunday, September 5 at 11:59 EST. 
  • One winner will be selected randomly.
  • The winner will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
  • Multiple replies are allowed and will increase your chances of winning.
  • Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec). One winner will receive a copy of Linda Dobson's book, "The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas."
supermeof3
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Where is the best place for us to find our childrens curriculum?

J9Mommy
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I would love to find some good ideas on music lesson plans. I feel I am seriously lacking there.

Ok that was a statement....LOL

Here is my question :

Can you help me with fun music ideas for kids ages 5&8 ?

CjsMama914
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I want to plan a lot of field trips for my preschooler. Do you have any suggestions?

momof3inTN
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Ummm... I need to think of a question! I was homeschooled and my children have always been homeschooled so I've already gotten answers to most of my questions...

Hmmmm.... Oh!

What do you think is one of the best resources for a homeschool family to have (besides your books, I think I have just about every single one of them, LOL)?

Liansmommie
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I really need some ideas to motivate my son to want to excel. I don't expect perfection, just that he does his best. There is nothing wrong with average but he seems to be content to do mid level work even in areas he has both excellent skills and interest. I haven't pushed it because he stays at grade level but I would really love to fire him up.

bluestarr80
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:36 PM

My first grade boy HATES writing. (Handwriting and creative writing) Do you have tips to make writing more fun?

musicangl
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:36 PM

for me i need to know if homeschooled kids are allowed to be in sports, music or drama at the public schools.. are they able to be in any of the public school stuff if they wish to be but not in the public schools for classes?

Mom2kyky
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:39 PM

What is the best preschool and elementary curriculum to use to homeschool a child with Down Syndrome?

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Is there a good curriculum to use for preschool?  I tried one but it seemed more like milestones than learning activities.  I used to be a preschool teacher but it's more difficult with just one kid and since I have a 4 month old too I just don't have time to plan!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)