Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My wild, naked 9 year old daughter !

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 2:57 AM
  • 27 Replies

So my daughter is 9 years old,and still has no problem running around STARK naked in our home. My husband is so freaked out by it, he is always yelling"Oh, my gosh! go put some clothes on!" Last summer she was running around in the back yard naked as well.(we have chain link so ANYONE could see her) I am so afraid of the perves being able to see her ! She is now even starting to develop and this does not bother her in the slightest. Any tips on getting her to be more modest?

by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 4:02 AM
If you are religious you could read to her a story of modesty out of the bible & explain why she should clothe herself... If you aren't religious you could try making up your own "Fable", with the end result being the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this
It's hard to come up with ideas because it is completely innocent on her part.. It's others that are the reason she shouldn't do it. & I'm sure you don't want to go into graphic detail about why that is so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
selinama
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM

My 3 year old is the same way.  It can be 100 degrees or minus 30 below and as soon as we get home from any outing or whenever I've managed to put clothes on her, she'll immediately strip.  I grew up the same way and my mom is from Spain so on many family trips to Europe i was allowed to have my shirt off and it was no big deal.  One summer around 9 yrs old, I took my shirt off while playing outside with my neighborhood friends and the next thing I know my mom came outside and sat down and explained that its not the same here in the USA as it is in Europe and I need to be clothed when outside or around any public eye! I was still aloud to run around in the house with the family around.  I am working on the same now with Alina.  She knows somewhat of when its OK and when its not.  I'm very thankful to have no neighbors and being secluded where I live. Hope this helps!!!

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Yikes not sure what to tell you, its not a problem I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I wouldn't accept it at that age. I odnt have that problem though and mine are 1 and 2.

auroragold
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My 9 year old developing girl hasn't hit the modesty stage yet either. INSIDE our home it is not an issue - I won't make her feel embarassed about her body.

However, the rule for OUTSIDE has always been "clothes on" because it's inappropriate otherwise. No other discussion necessary.

campamomof3
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM

My 9 year old would probably do the same but she doesnt undress during the day but when it comes to night time no matter what the weather is like she always ends up taking everything off but her panties.  I am not sure if thats ok or when is it time for her to stop doing that?

Xantho
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I agree...as long as its just you guys in your home she should be fine...Or since your DH has a problem with her being nakie...maybe give her some time in her room behind a closed door for her to express herself with out clothes...?

Quoting auroragold:

My 9 year old developing girl hasn't hit the modesty stage yet either. INSIDE our home it is not an issue - I won't make her feel embarassed about her body.

However, the rule for OUTSIDE has always been "clothes on" because it's inappropriate otherwise. No other discussion necessary.

Gnomes
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Thanks ladies ! :)

karamille
by on May. 1, 2011 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

She is infringing on her dads rights be making him uncomfortable and probably your neighbors too.  =P  I would compare it to someone making an loud obnoxious sound while she was trying to watch her favorite show.  That noisy person is expressing themselves and doing what they like, but it becomes a problem when it effects someone else.  Her nakedness is effecting other negatively.  Just as you would punish a sibling for purposely being loud when she was trying to watch a show, she too will be punished if when her nakedness impedes upon others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN