Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

My wild, naked 9 year old daughter !

Posted by   + Show Post

So my daughter is 9 years old,and still has no problem running around STARK naked in our home. My husband is so freaked out by it, he is always yelling"Oh, my gosh! go put some clothes on!" Last summer she was running around in the back yard naked as well.(we have chain link so ANYONE could see her) I am so afraid of the perves being able to see her ! She is now even starting to develop and this does not bother her in the slightest. Any tips on getting her to be more modest?

by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Replies (21-27):
crzymmy5
by on May. 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Just explain to her that it's inappropriate and it makes her dad a little uncomfortable .... 

She's NINE ~ if you tell her it's time to wear clothes, she should be able to follow direction.

mommacatof3
by on May. 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Tell her that now she is a young lady it's not appropriate for her to run around nakie. lol Reminds me of the old Rug Rats cartoon episode. "Nakie is Free! Nakie is Nakie!!!" 

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Ask her where she got the idea to do this. Perhaps you let her do it when she was little--most children develop a sense of modesty around age 4-5 at the latest, though. Also, she may not have picked up on this fact that her body should be private to her.  How modest are the other family members in your home?

Joker47
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Just my opinion, but if she wants to be naked, she should be allowed to express herself. Mine loves to streak and since we have no neighbors I let her streak outside. As for others not liking it, they don't have to look at her it's not like you're forcing them to. I was the same way growing up. I even did it into my teens, being a country girl. But if you think she should stop, then explain to her that she shouldn't do it in front of everyone, and tell her she can do it only in her room if she insists on continuing doing it. that's all I have to say.
IQuitCounting
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to be honest with her about why it's no appropriate.  You need to talk to her about the fact that while there is no shame in the human body, that it's beautiful and amazing, that there are people out there that aren't healthy in their minds and can notice and take advantage of her.  I would allow her a certain amount of freedom in the home, only among immediate family though, not with company around, but restrict her in any place where strangers are likely to see her.  I'm very open about nudity and even sexuality to a point, but I am also careful to warn against deviants.

karisma22
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

My daughter used to be the same way, with the exception of running around naked outside the house.  She is still not very modest.  She no longer runs around naked, but she does run around in underware and tank top, or t-shirt.

IloveNCIS
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Sorry I'm no help. I was the exact same way. Nudity is only dirty because people make it that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN