Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

red spots in my sons mouth

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM
  • 10 Replies

Today I noticed these red spots on the roof of my sons mouth. He's 2. When I noticed them I first was looking in the rest of his mouth for more. He also has a couple on each cheek. Months ago he had big blisters in his mouth, we took him to the dr, when we got him there they were gone though, but he said he could see that something was there. Scarring or something. My husband took him, that's why I can't remember perfectly. Anyway I touched these with my fingers to see if they bothered him, they didn't seem to and they didn't seem to feel raised at all. I'm thinking maybe it could be caused from sucking on his fingers? He sucks on his first two fingers like kids suck on their thumbs. Any ideas from you ladies? I will be calling the dr and getting him into an appointment, today or tomorrow. Thanks! =)

by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lil_mom2010
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go to the doctor. Could be strep or hand foot and mouth disease

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 2, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I'm not sure so here is a bump for you too keep it to the top.

Are his nail cut?  could he be scratching himself when he is sucking on his fingers?

I would get him into the Dr.  better to be safe.

platt2mommy
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM

yeah, his nails are cut, I keep them short for that reason...=( Thanks so far ladies

FebPenguins
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM

BUMP!

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jun. 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Quoting lil_mom2010:

I would go to the doctor. Could be strep or hand foot and mouth disease

This was my first thought as well. There seems to have been a re-surgance around here lately, of this and fifths disease, and strep.

platt2mommy
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 11:40 AM

thank you again ladies!! I'm gunna call when he wakes up from his nap incase they can take him right in. He fell asleep right after I took the pictures, and he hates the dr office lately for some reason, so I want him well rested especially since I'll be going alone with both my kids.

ulla24
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Curious...my son has had this a few times and the docs are never concerned. I know you posted this a ling time ago but could u give me an update.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Ziggy
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM

In kids that age it usually means strep.  Can you get a good look at his tonsils?  I know mine are happy as clams to open up and say awwww, I just look with a flashlight and when my son had strep it was soooo obvious, tons of white spots.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I wonder if it's foot and mouth? Or fifths?

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

to me it kinda looks like strep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)