Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Mismatched socks

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

I saw in a catalog today where they were selling 10 mismatched socks (purposely)! When I thought about it, I recalled seeing a few girls with funky print mismatched socks. I guess it's the new thing? Does your daughter wear mismatched socks on purpose?

teen girl

by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cheribomb
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM

my 14 yr old has not worn matching socks for the past 3 yrs... its def the thing to do around here.  adidas sandals with mismatched socks LoL

deedee3849
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Quoting Cheribomb:

my 14 yr old has not worn matching socks for the past 3 yrs... its def the thing to do around here. adidas sandals with mismatched socks LoL

Lol, I have 2 boys and worked with all boys. I'm so out of the loop with girls fashion! I would have LOVED to wear mismatched socks when I was a teen. I went through a stage where I loved funky socks, however they matched.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Cheribomb:

my 14 yr old has not worn matching socks for the past 3 yrs... its def the thing to do around here.  adidas sandals with mismatched socks LoL

yep, that's how my nieces and their friends do it too. Whatever. I guess it's no worse that the crazy trends from my youth. Pegged jeans? With stacked socks? gag.

karamille
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:23 AM

The girls around here are wearing them REALLY high like school girl socks with skirts and shorts. 

But to AVOID lost mismatched socks, we wash all of our socks in large lingerie bags.  I spend too much money on my wicking socks to let the sock and underwear knomes steel them from the washer and dryer.  =P

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

raven1114
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:51 AM

eh i prefer my socks to match, the kids don't care either way.

womanlost
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:59 AM

My daughter is very particular if the socks match, so no mismatched socks here! lol!

rkoloms
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM

My daughter does wear mismatched socks on purpose. How did you know?

However, if is becomes a trend, she will stop

Robin in Chicago

TerriC
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM

My youngest always does.  She loves to do that.  My Mom told me that you can buy 3 socks and wear them in any fashion, I have yet to find them.  However, she doesn't want them, she likes to mismatch them herself!  LOL

Vertical15
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I don't have a daughter. . .but my son does!  LoL  He loves weird socks and when they don't match?  Even better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)