Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trunk or treat (ideas needed)

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM
  • 38 Replies

We are planning on doing a church thing on halloween instead of going out trick or treating.  They are doing *trunk or treat* and my husband wants to do this.  So we have to come up with a theme for our car..and theme it out.  Nothing scary allowed.  He was thinking fairies, tinkerbell stuff of course..but when we went hunting for stuff..couldnt find much we could use.  so now its onto another idea..but I am out lol.  anyone?

by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
new_mom808
by Andrea on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:38 AM

You could do harvest, and get hay, un-carved pumpkins & gourds, indian corn etc.

A disco theme, with a disco ball hanging from the trunk lid. Line the inside with remnent fabrics in sequin, or bold prints and maybe a lava lamp?

sunshine86912
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM

thanks :) cute ideas..too bad for both we would have to go buy EVERYTHING! LOL atleast with the tink themed we already had a couple things.  have to go a hunting for clearance items..dont have a ton to spend on this thing! (not that your ideas sound tooooo pricey lol)

Quoting new_mom808:

You could do harvest, and get hay, un-carved pumpkins & gourds, indian corn etc.

A disco theme, with a disco ball hanging from the trunk lid. Line the inside with remnent fabrics in sequin, or bold prints and maybe a lava lamp?

kenzelb
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:52 AM
i dont have any ideas on specific theme but i would hit up the dollar store and see if you can come up with a theme from the things they have...sorry im not much help!
sunshine86912
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 8:55 AM

still a pretty decent idea!  I just really like to have a plan lol

Quoting kenzelb:

i dont have any ideas on specific theme but i would hit up the dollar store and see if you can come up with a theme from the things they have...sorry im not much help!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM

THe dollar tree almost always has Princess and Luau themed birthday stuff....and they are definitely preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Quoting sunshine86912:

Quoting kenzelb:

sunshine86912
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM

that was part of the problem with tink, it says happy birthday on everything, I will have to check it out, just dont want a ton of stuff that says happy birthday either

Quoting TigerofMu:

THe dollar tree almost always has Princess and Luau themed birthday stuff....and they are definitely preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Quoting sunshine86912:

Quoting kenzelb:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Oct. 5, 2011 at 12:18 PM

That makes sense!  What about some kind of color/floral theme?  You could get a solid pink, purple, red, blue, yellow tablecloth, and balloons, streamers, etc. to match...or fake flowers...

Luau Party PackDollar Tree has Luau stuff.

or Fiesta Fiesta Party Pack

http://www.partyamerica.com/category/shop+by+theme.do

Quoting sunshine86912:

that was part of the problem with tink, it says happy birthday on everything, I will have to check it out, just dont want a ton of stuff that says happy birthday either

Quoting TigerofMu:

Quoting sunshine86912:

Quoting kenzelb:

TerriC
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM
sunshine86912
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 4:44 PM

thank you ladies :)

TerriC
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Let us know what you decide on!  And post pictures!!!  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)