Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Reddish, bruise like spots on lower spine *Edit with picture*

Posted by   + Show Post

I was wondering if anyone else had ever seen their toddler get red, bruise like spots on their spine. My son has fourspots that look like reddish bruises on his lower spine and he says "Mama hurt!" if I touch that area. He has not fallen or hurt himself in that area as far as I know. They have been there for about two weeks now. While they look like bruises, though, they feel slightly scaly. I am going to call the doctor just to be safe but I am just curious to know if anyone else has seen something like this.

by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Replies (21-23):
Allisonc7910
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM

My dd used to get bruises like that, thought it was normal just from it being a spot that would rub easy against a hard surface.

chrissymoma
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Mobile Photo

Noticed these spots a little while ago. But, I blew off as a bruise. Now they're back. And its location has me worried! He has an appt with dermatologist on Thursday for this as well as a sudden bald spot, pediatrician said was alopecia. I'm very worried this can be serious. Are the two connected?. The picture of this little boy looks like the ones on my sons back. I just hope and pray its nothing serious. Any advise would be appreciated.
Lizzy0022
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM
How old? My son gets bruises like that from rocking in his high chair sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)