Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Vaccine Reaction

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Has your child had a reaction to the DTaP or any other vaccine?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

When my son turned  4 months old, he got his DTaP vaccine. The next day he had an allergic reaction to the cream I had been using since he was an infant with no problems.  3 days later, his skin was oozing and raw. By day 7, he was diagnosed with Atopic Eczema. The doctor gave me  3 creams, all of which he seems to have "developed" allergies to. In fact, he is now allergic to EVERYTHING he comes in contact with. His immune system seems to be really out of wack ever since that vaccine. 

Has anyone else's child experienced eczema or allergies after a shot? Is there any way to reverse these effects and restore the immune system?

by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rkoloms
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

If you have not done so, you can report the injury here:  http://vaers.hhs.gov/index

I am so sorry that your family is dealing with this

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. We've not experienced the reactions you have.

starreyedcutie
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Only mild reactions like slight fever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chocolat-smiles
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

If you have not done so, you can report the injury here:  http://vaers.hhs.gov/index

I am so sorry that your family is dealing with this

sweetangie79
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

My seizure after the MMR vaccine and has never been the same.  His eczema is still crazy and he has PDD NOS.  He was fine before that shot.

Xandriasmommy
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Not to the DTaP but to the varicella(chicken pox)

I'm sorry your family is going through this...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I've had all my kids vaccinated on schedule and none have had negative reations to date.  I'm sorry your little guy is having problems from one :(

hollinicole
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM

DD had a full blown allergic reaction to the same one. Stop all of the shoots and get into an allergies ASAP. That shoot is egg based as a lot of others and that can be the reason. Get to allergies and do test before giving any more. DD has so many allergies now its crazy. PM if you have any questions

ardiaxe
by Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM
2 moms liked this
My son had seizures after, he was 2 months old :(. He is a completely normal child, but it was scary. I decided never to vaccinate my children again. You cannot predict who will react.
sweetangie79
by Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:57 AM
3 moms liked this

Not sure if all of you are aware but the vaccines contain neuro toxins and can cause health issiues later in life.  I have periferal neuropathy and the doctor told me that it could be because of vaccines.  I have always had vaccine reactions, and refuse to have anymore for me or my ds and dh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)