Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health
Happy April.

Post your random thoughts, ideas, recipes, what ever you want here

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Replies (961-970):
TerriC
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I am going to have to look for that. I had completely forgotten about it.

Quoting batjmom:

Brett really liked it and I tried to get the movie over the weekend. We thought we got the right one and it was the 2nd one. I may have to order it from amazon. It's a Disney movie so I would think its good

Quoting TerriC:

I loved that book!

Quoting batjmom:

Brett just finished where the red fern grows for a book report. Jack read it when he was Brett's age and really like it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM
In my big Dutch oven. It's deep and fits in the oven great

Quoting TerriC:

How do you do it in the oven? I may be more inclined to try it doing it that way.

Quoting batjmom:

I have before but it's down poring rain so its in the oven

Quoting TerriC:

Lol! Do you grill it? My brother in law makes one on the grill that is so good! I bought one of the holders to do it on the grill but I have never done it.

Quoting batjmom:

I'll keep up my random thoughts ... just put the beer can chicken in..

Miller lite chicken shh

Quoting TerriC:

We need 55 more posts to make it to 1000.  Ok, 54 after this one.  =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Do you have to put a lid on it?  Take a pic (if you can).  I wanna see!  LOL!  I would try it if I could do that!

Quoting batjmom:

Quoting TerriC:

How do you do it in the oven? I may be more inclined to try it doing it that way.

Quoting batjmom:

Quoting TerriC:

Lol! Do you grill it? My brother in law makes one on the grill that is so good! I bought one of the holders to do it on the grill but I have never done it.

Quoting batjmom:

Miller lite chicken shh

Quoting TerriC:

TerriC
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I am a little irritated right now.  My 1st grader just came home and told me that during the Spring Concert (on Friday) if they wave or make any hand gestures towards their parents, they will be given detention.  I think that is pretty crappy.  My husband always waves at the girls when we go to the school for things.  I am going to have to have him sit on his hands!  LOL

batjmom
by Sarah on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Took a picture I will upload tomorrow

Quoting TerriC:

Do you have to put a lid on it?  Take a pic (if you can).  I wanna see!  LOL!  I would try it if I could do that!

Quoting batjmom:

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting batjmom:

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting batjmom:

Miller lite chicken shh

Quoting TerriC:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM
That's not nice for them to do that. Kids and parents are excited

Quoting TerriC:

I am a little irritated right now.  My 1st grader just came home and told me that during the Spring Concert (on Friday) if they wave or make any hand gestures towards their parents, they will be given detention.  I think that is pretty crappy.  My husband always waves at the girls when we go to the school for things.  I am going to have to have him sit on his hands!  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TonyaLea
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Wow, that is a little severe.  

Quoting TerriC:

TonyaLea
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Had fun fishing this weekend :)  Well, I suntanned on the boat and took pictures of the boys with their catches, LOL.

TonyaLea
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Does the brining flavor the potato too, or just the skin?  

My dad makes these really good potatoes, kinda like these, they are just like baked potatoes but sliced with butter and seasonings on them.  He does his in foil packets: http://chichoskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/10/baked-hasselback-potatoes.html

Quoting TerriC:

They were very good!  The brining made them so moist on the inside.  I just like "faster"  LOL

Quoting batjmom:

They are soaking right now but I will defiantly try your recipe too.
Quoting TerriC:

Guy's Bomb Baker's?  I have made them.  They were good, but it was time consuming.  I did find a recipe for baked potatoes that I love and it is pretty easy.  (You cut them in half of 4's depending how big they are) and season them etc.  So, after you try his, if you want, I will post that recipe.  His were good, don't get me wrong!  I also made the spinach from the same episode as the bomb bakers.

Quoting batjmom:

Beer can chicken and "the bomb bake potato"  so we will see if brining the potato makes a difference

TonyaLea
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I have been trying to talk DH into watching this one with me.  He said he is not into "horse movies" LOL

Quoting batjmom:

Watched War Horse over the weekend. It was better than I thought it would be. Kids liked it too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)