Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Reusable Grocery Bags?

Why or why not?  Would you carry them if they were cheaper?  If they didn't scream one store's logo all over the place?  If they were more your style?  Is it hard to remember?  

What if a store offered incentives to customers who brought their own bags?  I always remember to carry mine at Smith's (Kroger) because I get extra reward points.  Now they're going one farther and sending you a free bag for entering their design contest.  

Here's my favorite grocery bag! 

And here's a chance to design your own!

http://design.greenbag.softcoin.com/design-a-bag/secured/design-tool.aspx

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Wow!  I have never even heard of that.  What if you don't have enough reusable bags?

Quoting doopey:

We do.... They've banned the plastic bags where I live and must use the reusable bags.

Vertical15
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I always keep a pile of them in my car.  I know at Target you get .05 off your order for each bag you use.

Vertical15
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM

And I also shop a place called Aldi and they make you pay for each bag you use if you don't bring your own or use boxes.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's slick :).

Quoting Vertical15:

I always keep a pile of them in my car.  I know at Target you get .05 off your order for each bag you use.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:40 PM

We don't have an Aldi, but I ran into that when I was visiting overseas.  I had never heard of carrying your own bag at that time, and was surprised when I had to buy my bag at the store we went to!

Quoting Vertical15:

And I also shop a place called Aldi and they make you pay for each bag you use if you don't bring your own or use boxes.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:34 PM

My new thermal tote!

twkltoz
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I have bags in my car.   I just don't remember to bring them in.  I know one day I will but it is getting in the habit.  

Vertical15
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember when they opened but they are run by the same family as Whole Foods (from what I recall?) I like shopping there.  It isn't all organic or anything but its still good.

Quoting TigerofMu:

We don't have an Aldi, but I ran into that when I was visiting overseas.  I had never heard of carrying your own bag at that time, and was surprised when I had to buy my bag at the store we went to!

Quoting Vertical15:

sammyreymom
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I carry them.  We have several stores that give a .05 credit for the consumer to use them.  I have several different names them, I don't care what they say..I just wish that the would be able to design a more compact back that still had the strength of the larger bags.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I sympathize!

Quoting twkltoz:

I have bags in my car.   I just don't remember to bring them in.  I know one day I will but it is getting in the habit.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)