Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Breast Help!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so I am going on 4 days of not breastfeeding, due to getting sick and taking medication. But i'm not starting again, and my right breast is so engorged and huge, while my right is really tiny.Will they even out soon or will they be noticeably different sizes?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM

They will eventually go back to closer to normal though sometimes they change in size.  I actually lost a lot of weight after having children so I'm smaller now then before but my sister is bigger.  Everyone is a little different but I bet they will be pretty close to what they were before.

CLaBeef
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM

ive been loosing alot of weight so far but im scared there gonna be like one bigger than the other lol

new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 2, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll need to hand express some milk out of the right side. Leaving it to get engorged can result in horribly painful infections.

Yes, they will even out eventually. :)

CLaBeef
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM

i have been but it only last for a few minutes then it feels like my milk comes right back in.

new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Quoting CLaBeef:

i have been but it only last for a few minutes then it feels like my milk comes right back in.

Dont express a lot, just enought to take the edge off.

Put some cabbage leaves in your bra, while you're around the house, it will help decrease the supply too.

Just out of curiousity, did you breastfeed and are now stopping, or is your milk just now coming in?

If you have established a supply, it may take a little longer to get it to drop.

CLaBeef
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I breastfeed for 5 months, then started weaner her off it cause she was to dependent on it and was only feeding at night to slow my milk down but i got sick to the point i had to take something so i had to stop altogether. lol

LostTheSlipper
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Quoting CLaBeef:

I breastfeed for 5 months, then started weaner her off it cause she was to dependent on it and was only feeding at night to slow my milk down but i got sick to the point i had to take something so i had to stop altogether. lol

Hate to ask but I'm somewhat curious about this. What is "too dependent on it?" I thought that was somewhat the point of BF.

CLaBeef
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM

like if i went to work, she would cry non stop till i got home because she wouldn't take a bottle..and pumping didn't work for me.

CLaBeef
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM

and don't be snotty on this, i am asking a question that has nothing to do about why i stopped breastfeeding, most mothers don't make it past a few weeks, i went over 5 months.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM

They should even out.  Express a little from the really full one before you start--it will be easier for your baby to latch on.  Do visit the breastfeeding moms' group--they can give you lots of help, including lists of safe medications if you should hav to face this again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)