Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Who Knew? ~ May is National Hamburger Month

Posted by   + Show Post

I think that there is a day for everything just about now... but

Did you know May is National Hamburger Month?

Do your kids like hamburgers?   Have a favorite recipe you want to share?

barbecuing

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Replies (21-27):
batjmom
by Sarah on May. 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I do make them with cheese in the center but I have never added the bacon. I wonder if it would stay crispy.

Quoting TigerofMu:

I'm not sure where the book with the recipe is.  It came from a mystery novel I read once.  Ruby had a diner, and one of her famous specials was a redbird burger, with her secret recipe.  It is really amazing!  One of the secrets is that she made a hole in the center of the burger and filled it with cheese and bacon, then put another patty on top to seal it in and make it melty :).  I am too lazy to do that, so I make the patties ahead of time and freeze, but I just mix bacon into the patty instead of the hiding it in the middle.  It is really amazing the original way, it's just a lot of work.

The spices have paprika, pepper, salt, and I don't know what else.  I'll have to keep digging.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM

By Nancy Mehl.  Sorry, that part didn't paste.

Vertical15
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I didn't know that and I had a burger yesterday.  I fast food one and it made my stomach hurt :(

I like a very basic burger with pickles, mustard and ketchup usually.  Made on the grill is the best!

barbecuing

new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Quoting batjmom:

I found this article..  for Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville. 

Margaritaville will show its appreciation and support for US Servicemen and Women throughout May. Starting May 1st, Margaritaville will donate $1 for each specialty burger sold to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team. And on May 19th, in observance of "Armed Forces Day," Margaritaville will donate $1 for EVERY burger and cheeseburger sold in its U.S. restaurants to the Wounded Warrior Project.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-buffetts-margaritaville-restaurants-celebrate-202700759.html

That's cool. The one by me is closed though. :(

new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Yummmo!!
I'm sure we're celebrate more than once this month.
Last week I made hamburger patties w/ some leftover fresh spinach and shredded mozz cheese inside. It was really good.

new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Oh, those do look good. Might have to go on next weeks menu.

Quoting TonyaLea:

I got a new recipe for marinated portobello burgers that I have been wanting to try:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/portobello-mushroom-burgers/detail.aspx

Portobello Mushroom Burgers Recipe

karamille
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

We do bistro burgers with ground sirloin and a variety of "fillings."   Sooo good! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN