Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Help !!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone know anything about White blood cell counts? My dd2 has been battling frequent fevers, fatigue, etc. the past 2 months. I took her to the dr on Friday and they did a full CBC test on her. The dr called on Saturday with the results. She said her white blood cell count was a little high, her neutrophil count was really high and her lymphocyte count was really low. She didn't seem to be concerned..  but being a mom, I start searching the internet.. and the things I found have not made me feel any better. I know it can mean several things but I keep coming back to Leukemia. :( I'm scared. Has anyone had any experience witht this and can give me some feedback? 

Mommy to 2 Beautiful Girls

by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TerriC
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I have not, I am sorry.  I will say, try your hardest not to look up things on the internet.  It can be very deceiving and can drive you nuts.  Keep us posted on everything!

HollyHawk333
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM
It's really easy to get lost when it comes to our kids health and the Internet. If you're concerned call her dr and have him run checks to see if it's something to worry about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I know high white cells is caused by the body fighting off infection.  My son who has PFAPA has increased white cells when he is fevering.  Its normal for increased white cells when something is wrong.

I also had increased white cells when I had a cyst rupture on my ovary last year.

So it could really be so many things.  Do you have a follow up scheduled with her Dr?  Did he say anything other then the results?

homextownxgirl
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
My son in law has the same problem he found the greatest doc in jhonson city tn at sant judes... He said what he found out was it could be a rear thyroid problem or yes hun im sorry it could be lukemia i hope its not but please do call her doc... Ask him what does this mean for her... And you may even want to get an second oppion just for back up ya know... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucysMom08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Thank you, ladies ! I am taking her to our nearest Children's Hospital today for a 2nd opinion bc she is jut not herself. She cries all day and nothing I do helps. She's pale and just has that "sick" look. I'll update once we leave the hospital. Please continue prayers/good thoughts ! 

Vertical15
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I really hope the best for your little girl.  *hugs*

new_mom808
by Andrea on May. 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Please keep us posted.

PrincessZ20
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Google scares me to death - it's so easy to find the worst case scenarios.  It's good that you're trusting your gut though and taking her for a second opinion.  Please keep us posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)