Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Tulsa, Oklahoma abduction. Father may be headed to Colorado! Keep an eye out!!! PIOGs

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 4 Replies
TULSA, OKLA. -- Police are searching for a Tulsa, Okla., toddler who was abducted by her father Sunday and may be headed for Colorado.
KTUL-TV in Tulsa reports that the mother of 2-year-old Venice Lampkins told police the girl's father, who doesn't have legal custody, snatched the toddler from her car on Sunday morning.
"As soon as I saw his truck I tried to lock the doors, but he had already gotten into the truck," the mother, Rhea Smith, told KTUL-TV.
The abduction happened when the mother stopped to pick up a friend on Sunday morning, Smith said.
The father, Justin Lampkins, took off with the girl in a green Ford Ranger pickup truck.
"He is unpredictable and violent," said Smith. "I left him when I was eight months pregnant, because he was threatening to stab me in the stomach and make me have a miscarriage."
Now she fears Lampkins is taking the girl to Colorado, where he's lived -- and had trouble with the law -- in the past.
In Colorado, an Amber Alert was issued for Lampkins in 2008 after the Alamosa County Sheriff's office said he took another one of his children from their mother at knifepoint.
The mother said she's worried because of what happened to Venice when she was in her father's care in the past.
"He had had her for a couple of months after I left, because he wouldn't let me take her, and she came back and she was skin and bones," Smith said. "There was something wrong with her. She was hitting herself in the head and waking up at night and having nightmares and pulling out her eyelashes."
The toddler's grandfather shares those fears.
"Will I see my granddaughter again? Right now I don't have any idea," said Rick Smith, his stomach in knots over the abduction.
"I'm scared that's he's on his way out of town," the grandfather added.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Vertical15
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM

So sad and scary.  I hope they get her back.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on May. 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM

That's horrible!  We will be praying for this family.

batjmom
by Sarah on May. 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM
So scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

How scary...I hope they find her soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)