Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

100 Places to Take Your Kids

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
  • 34 Replies

http://www.frommers.com/go/100placesforkids/view-all-places-for-kids.html

Have you taken yours to any of these places, or been there yourself?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessZ20
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Wow, that's quite the list!  I'd love to see many of those places.  I've done a pretty significant amount of traveling but have only seen a handful of places on the list - we actually went to the Air and Space Museum last month :)  Here's what I've seen....

Arches National Park

Cahokia Mounds (we just drove past, though, didn't get out and tour anything)

Carlsbad Caverns 

Grand Canyon National Park 

National Air and Space Museum

Rocky Mountain National Park

Sedona

The Nashville Music Scene

And what Alex and Carter have seen!

Cahokia Mounds 

National Air and Space Museum

Rocky Mountain National Park

PrincessZ20
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I totally love traveling and seeing places like the ones on the list and am so looking forward to when the boys are older and will actually appreciate/enjoy them!  Alex (5) liked the museums (we visited several of them in DC), but Carter (2) could care less.  I think that in about 5-10 years stuff like these will be awesome vacations! 

BonitaM
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

So far DD has seen MOA and The Alamo.  We were supposed to go to South Dakota this summer but now it's up in the air. :o( 

BonitaM
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Quoting BonitaM:

So far DD has seen MOA and The Alamo.  We were supposed to go to South Dakota this summer but now it's up in the air. :o( 

Oh and although she hasn't done a cruise on the Mississippi in Missouri she has done a tour at the Mississippi headwaters in Minnesota.

TerriC
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM

We have been to some!  The 1st 2 on the list, we have been to.  I will have to check out the list again when I get back from picking them up from school!  How fun, thanks for sharing that!

TonyaLea
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM

There are quite a few I have been to myself, but only one that DD has been too, and that is the ferry ride in Washington (though it wasn't on the Victoria Clipper).   There are a few on there that are on my bucket list too, like the Alaska Marine Highway and Denali National Park in AK.  

TonyaLea
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM

The ones I have done:

1. Arches National Park, Utah
  2. Cable Cars, California
  3. Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
  4. Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming
  5. Gettysburg National Military Park, Pensylvania
  6. Golden Gate Bridge, California
  7. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
  8. Hollywood, California
  9. Hoover Dam, Nevada
  10. International Spy Museum, DC
  11. Mount Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota
  12. National Air and Space Museum, DC
  13. National Museum of the American Indian, DC
  14. Newport's Mansions, Rhode Island
  15. Niagara Falls, Ontario
  16. Petrified Forest & Painted Desert, Arizona
  17. San Diego Zoo, California
  18. The USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
  19. Victoria Clipper, Washington
  20. Wall Drug Store, South Dakota
  21. Williamsburg, Jamestown & Yorktown, Virginia (actually, only the first two)
  22. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

I have also seen the Statue of Liberty, Elis Island, and Alcatraz from shore, but haven't been out to any of the islands.

VioletPlacebo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Only two of those places are in our state. I have been to both of them and was not impressed for the money involved. 

TonyaLea
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quoting VioletPlacebo:

Only two of those places are in our state. I have been to both of them and was not impressed for the money involved. 

Which two were they?  Is there somewhere in your state you think would be a better place for the list?

VioletPlacebo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I live in Ohio. The Rock Hall and Cedar Point. I personally think the Rock Hall was overpriced and I am not a big fan of Roller Coasters or paying over $100 for a couple just to get into a place. There are a ZILLION other places I've taken my daughter and have been in Ohio that I'd much rather take a kid and put on that list. COSI, Put in Bay, Kelly's Island, Serpent Mound, The Carousel Museum, a steamboat river ride on the Ohio River, Hale Farm & Village, Columbus Zoo... I could go on and on lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)