What was your last visit to the ER or urgent care facility with your child for?
We've never had an ER visit, thank goodness. Carter was thoughtful enough to break his arm during office hours so we were able to see our pedi instead of going to the ER. We have had to go to the pedi's weekend office for a particularly nasty ear infection once, but that's about it.
I went to the ER with a friend once (her husband was out of town and her baby might have swallowed a pill, so poison control told her to take the baby in). I'm not a germaphobe, but that experince gave me the heebie jeebies! So if I'm ever debating on going, I think I'll wait, lol - unless it's life threatening, of course.
We've only been there twice...once my son cut his hand and we weren't sure if he'd need stitches or not. It was crazy busy that evening and it was a long wait to find out that all he needed was butterfly bandaids. :-/
The other time he fell and hit his head and the school nurse was worried about a concussion so I called his doc and they said just to head to the ER. We went to find out he was ok.
We try not to go to the ER either but when you call the doc says go.... :-/
An injured toe we thought might be broken - she kicked her sister while playing "Ninja."
We went to the Urgent Care for Strep Throat with my son about a month ago. We would not go to ER unless it is a true emergency. We did got to the ER this past weekend with my husband. His appendix ruptured. Definitely an emergency!!!
Just the battery incident when he was an infant.
Quoting NoahsCoolMama:We went to the Urgent Care for Strep Throat with my son about a month ago. We would not go to ER unless it is a true emergency. We did got to the ER this past weekend with my husband. His appendix ruptured. Definitely an emergency!!!
Yikes! I hope he's okay!
My kids are 5 and 3 - both with asthma - and we have NEVER had an ER vist. We dealt with our kids asthma when it first showed up, got a plan of action in place, and the right meds in the house. So far, we haven't had an attack that we weren't equipped to handle.
The last visit was for my 2yo when he stuck a popcorn kernal up his nose. I know they say he is too young for popcorn. And I learned my lesson. I make sure they don't get any kernals now LOL
Oh and it must have passed down his throat after sitting and waiting and then getting in we couldn't find it anywhere. Figures.
Only CafeMom members can vote on polls. Click here to login or register.
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family
© 2014 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.